+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Spring.........Not Yet!

Hybrid View

nighthawk Guest

Default Spring.........Not Yet!

Went to bed a few hours ago to the sound of a howling, driving rain storm. Woke up sensing something had changed. Couldn't hear any highway noise from U.S. 11&15 that runs right by our house. Weather man said there would be a few wet flurries to wrap up the storm but I knew something was amiss. Here are our few flurries:

Click on the thumbnails below.

IMG_1323.jpg

IMG_1324.jpg

IMG_1325.jpg

We got soaker with rain for the last 15 hours and now the snow that is wind driven too. Local streams and creeks are flooding now with flooding along the main stem of the Susquehanna and Juniata rivers now being called for by Tuesday. More soaking rains on the way for Thursday too.

I was supposed to go to the doctor this am but that isn't going to happen. The fly fishing trip to the local lake may still take place later on or perhaps just wait until tomorrow.

This was just supposed to be flurries in our area! Well I don't have to work today so let it snow!

Eric,

And twenty minutes from your post its still snowing up river. If you put your ear to the ground, you can hear Punxsutawney Phil laughing his fuzzy little butt off. Dang that meteorologically challenged grundsow! Man, I knew I shouldn't have put that snow shovel away! That wind has really picked up - the STOP sign out front is a wobblin something fierce. Stay warm. That pasture pig has not heard the last of Pennsyltucky Dave! LOL!!

Best regards, Dave S.

nighthawk Guest

Gound hog is mighty tasty and I hear their fur makes really good dubbing material!

Two or Three years ago our local TV weather man called for flurries over night and we woke up to over six inches of snow. I sent him an e-mail at the station telling he missed it by a bit his reply was "oops".

I lucked out, NO snow!! While we got 2" or more of rain, the creek in my backyard is 50+ yards away and WELL below the house. Everything is high & raging!

nighthawk Guest

Yeah got the rain too though not quite as much as you did. Had to go to wally world after work yesterday. The drive up I-81 North was wild with all of the rain and the 18 wheelers being pushed around by the wind. By the time I got to the route 34/11&15 intersection it was rain, sleet and snow.

Oops is something that you don't want to hear from the weatherman or woman especially if you are an aviator with your life hanging in the balance.

nighthawk Guest

Hey Dave,
    Are you alright up there in Shamokin? Keep an eye on that river too buddy. They are forecasting at or above flood stage in our area with more rain coming Thursday.

+ Reply to Thread