I too have a portable fly tying box, that I use for fishing trips away from my "Home Waters"!

It is a nicely made wooden box, with good clamps to keep the box tightly secured, and a adequate rope handle for carrying. I got it for free, when I was purchasing some bottles of wine for giving as gifts to the house party I was invited to. I gave away the wine bottles, and kept the box. The box worked so well that I went back and bought another of the wine boxes, this time drinking the wine, and keeping the box.

Now I have one box for my capes, and hair patches, and the other box holds my thread, tying tools and vise.

Have a folding table and chair, and I can dress patterns for whatever new water that I am fishing, so I can match the hatch, or copy a fly pattern that someone says is a must have for catching whatever fish I am fishing for..... ~Parnelli

FAOL has Marv Taylor's fly patterns for Henry Lake in the Lakes/Stillwater Column on FAOL, Marv's Fly Patterns are also on the free FAOL Fly Pattern CD that I am always offering Members of FAOL. I also have is Marv Tayor's Fishing Log Sheet that I recreated, as pencil to paper last longer than the strongest memory!

~Parnelli
parnelli@comcast.net