I don't really get too riled over the manufacturers expecting us to buy a new rod every year because everybody has to make a living. However, like all Americans the only things they are entitled to are Life, Liberty and The Pursuit Of Happiness so long as they do not interfere with the God given rights of others.

Are the latest and greatest they tout every year better than last year's product? Maybe but only if there has been a quantum leap in the materials and or construction techniques. Otherwise it is window dressing, lipstick on a pig or whatever you want to call it. On their side of the coin can you imagine say a car salesman having nothing but the exact same model, style and options to offer year upon year? They won't be in business very long.

Personally I don't buy the latest and greatest just because they are there. I was not born with a silver spoon in my mouth and do not subscribe to the keeping up with the Joneses thing. Can I afford to go out and buy the newest rod from XYZ? Yes. Will I? No. I am more likely to pick some model that has been out a few years with the bugs now worked out of it or even more likely to buy something custom made off someone trying to make a go of it with their own shop. They won't make any money off of me with the latest and greatest because I enjoy fishing the old rods with their patina, their battles scars while thinking about the fly fishers of the past who have owned that rod.

Sorry. Kind of rambling there. Really the only thing any of us are entitled to are the God given right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness so long as we do no harm to others.