I think everyone is making good points. I love fly fishing because it is such a multi-faceted, full-blown lifestyle sort of thing - not just a sport, art, science, or business. And I can identify with the themes each of you bring up. I don't see them as contradictory, but complimentary. And the only thing that gets me a bit "worked up" about the industry is that since getting talked into founding AFFI, Inc. I have to interact with and even depend upon a lot of different companies in the industry in order to accomplish the goals of our organization. It can become frustrating at times to have to deal with folks who don't really understand what they are doing, or to get caught up in some last minute swindle because an owner is trying to squeeze out an extra buck as he sells his company to a bigger player. And as a teacher of this stuff, I'd really prefer not to have to UN-teach a bunch of stuff before I can teach stuff. But these are very minor annoyances...more along the lines of "in a perfect world I wouldn't have to..." types of things. Well, I have no illusions about the world conforming to my wishes! LOL