There are possible two sides to Fly- Fishing the way I look at the sport. The ying, the economics, and yang the aesthetics. There is always the push and pull and I find myself much more satisfied on the aesthetic side.

I really feel that which ever way the sport goes there will always be souls like me who carry on in spite of fads, downturns, and upturns, in economics. I also feel the young ones (and old ones) will come along without any prodding and be attracted by the same things I was. I don't know exactly what we are attracted too but it happens, and all I know it that it is a good thing. The cost of this experience is zero dollars.

I love craftsmanship and art. Each ones attention to detail is after all the reason the species keeps it's hold on the top of the chain and get's better at doing things, not how much we can profit from it. My feeling is that profit margins stall creativity.

So carry on, I can dodge my way through the economics and hoop-la and will still be fly-fishing when most have given it up to the frustration that has to me always been part of the sport.