"new & improved!"
Just celebrated my 62nd birthday in February, and now getting ready for the upcoming Minnesota Fishing Season. I have all my fly rods clean and ready to be used, as well as all my fly lines, reels, and fly boxes refilled for specific species of fish that I might be fishing for.
Manufacturer's always have a new line of products to sell every year, and there is always something "New & Improved" to cause you to forget whatever you already have, to go out and buy this "New & Improved" product to replace something you already have that works just fine....
I have all that I need, and I take care of my stuff, so that, it will last longer than I will... ~Parnelli
- I have a Cortland "CL" series 6 wt....that I bought in 1995, for general fly fishing, broke off a 6 inch section off the tip of the rod, and just cleaned off the new tip end and put on a new tip-top guide. The Cortland is even better now then before I broke the tip section...
- I have a Gatti 3 wt..... that I bought in 1999, still is a great fly rod for catching trout.
- I have a 5 wt St. Croix graphite for Smallmouth Bass.
- I have a 7 wt St. Croix graphite for Largemouth Bass.
- I have a 7 wt. South Bend Split-cane with a Cortland Sylk Line, that is also for Largemouth Bass.
- I have a 8 wt South Bend Fiberglass, for Pike.
"Everyone you meet in life, give you happiness! Some by their arrival, others by their departure!" ~Parnelli