+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Update on My Son

Default New Update on My Son

I have been posting updates on my son since Dec 2006 when he was blow up by that IED in Iraq and I hope they will allow this post to stay here since this is the board all the other post were made and it's time you guys see him for a change. He is finally able to walk on his leg without crutches and all so it's finally got right after the 4 separate surgeries to take the leg off.

I only feel it's right that I come back now a show this as you guys have supported us all through out all of this for a long time and I also want to take this opportunity to thank you all!

Randy was sent to caddy for Jack Nicklaus when the PGA called the Wounded Warrior people for someone injured in the war to come do this and he was picked.

Again my family and I really appreciate all the prayers and support you guys gave.

Skip
    Oh almost forgot some don't know what he looks like, LOL! He's the on on the far right in this photo!

God bless your son for sacrificing so much to preserve the freedoms we all enjoy. May he continue to improve and bless our nation with his presence and his loyalty.
    Regards,

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy

Blog Entries

What a great photo for a special place in your homes. May he continue to improve and find new ways to enjoy life.

Skip,

Thanks for posting the update. It is very much appreciated and it is so satisfying to see him improving as he is. May God continue to Bless him and your family.
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Skip,

Thanks for the update and the great photo. Having sons aproximately the same age as yours makes your story that much more impactful to me. Please let him know that his service, support and sacrafice for our country is very much appreciated.

Take care can God Bless

God bless your son for the sacrifice he made. My son Aaron fought in Iraq (Central Bahgdad), was injured, and got an honorable medical discharge from the Army. I am just glad that he is alive. This year the tyers from Sno-Fly VIII Midge swap (see on smallstreams.com) are contributing Midges to the local (Tucson, AZ) Wounded Warriors (Operation Healing Waters). Even this can nevedr be enough thanks for all that our men and women in the military have done for our country.
    Cheers & Tight Lines !!!!!!
    John M. Larson (Alpinefly)

That is a once in a life time picture standing next to the legendary Jack Nicklaus. My hat goes off to your son for serving this country, God Bless him.
    Popperfly>-<(((((*>
    Born to Fish...Forced to Work !

Skip,

I just bet Randy was thrilled to beat all get out to caddy for "The Bear". What a deal! Don't forget Jack is an addicted fly fisherman. No doubt in my mind if Jack was asked, Randy could share a spot on his boat, or for that matter his plane for a little fishin'.

The kid looks like fullback material. Glad the Docs could do for him what they could. Your boy's got plenty of life ahead of him, and I can tell he's got the family to back him up.

Best wishes and a crisp military salute to you all!
    "As far down the river as he could see, the trout were rising, making circles on the surface of the water, as though it were starting to rain."- E.H., The Big Two Hearted River

Skip,

It was good talking with you a bit ago on the phone and many thanks for posting and including the photo. For those of you who do not know, Skip's son is one of our Special Forces guys (Green Beret). Thank him for his service, for all of us Delbert! He is still on active duty down in Florida.
    Denny

+ Reply to Thread