i love too chase bulltrout some of my friends and i are bulltrout addicts, ide say bring an 6wt but an 8wt would be better heavy tippet like 20lb big game mono and huge streamers, i usually use clousers or double bunnies 6-12inches long. green/white(rainbow trout) brown/white(sucker) yellow/white(cuttie) natural rabbit/white(whitefish) have bin my favorite colors. i alway like too put the eyes on my flies and use short shank hooks because them big predator char love too target the eyes and slam the streamer head first from teh front or along the back. i also put red around the kills too show the distres in a fish(when fish are stressed they flair there gills) try using various retrieves but usually something verry erratic can trigger a strike, dead drifted also works great if you can see a biggin in a hole that dosnt want too move, these fish are opportunistic and eat any sick injured and dying fish they can find. they love too eat sculpin suckers whitefish mostly but wont hesitate too take down a trout. ive seen many bulls 30+inches chasing 18inche cutties and rainbow around the pools chomping at there backs tails head and anywere else they can fit there mouths around. they do eat nymphs too like big golden stones ive also seen a few caught on big salmon fly golden stone and green drake patters but ide stick with the huge streamers heavily weighted near bottom in the deepest and darkest pools, they like logs jams aswell. here are a few pics of some of the hogs we got last year and a few fly patterns......

[This message has been edited by J Castwell (edited 10 April 2006).]