Thread: Gas Drilling/ New York Times

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by nighthawk View Post
    Name them. Show me the news articles on them. Better yet show me the DCNR, DEP, Fish and Boat Commission and Game Commission reports on them.
    Have a good look....

http://lockhaven.com/page/content.de...-concerns.html

http://lockhaven.com/page/content.de...rac-spill.html

Just two recent news articles of the many "accidents" involving gas drilling operations in northcentral PA. I know, I life here. I hear that the tourism bureau will be updating its PA Wilds brochure so that tourists can find the drilling sites. I choose to live here for obvious reasons. All of those agencies and the DOT are citing drillers and truckers on what seems to be a daily basis. I don't post here often, but my good friend lastchance said that I should check out this post. Our local TU chapter is very concerned about this boom. Our legistrators are blinded by the money. There is so much money flowing in this area that it will make your head spin. One driller could not obtain a permit to draw water from Big Fishing Creek in Mill Hall, PA. No problem, a private country club agreed to sell them water under their permit. I am indirectly involved in this drilling boom in my work. The drillers state that they are dumping such small quantities of hazardous chemicals into the wells. They don't tell you that those hazardous chemicals are being trucked daily over our roads and along our streams. Those wilth drilling interests are very concerned about media coverage and they should be. Those working on the ground and driving the trucks are failing drug tests and being charged with DUI every day. Many truck drivers don't even have a valid commercial license. Accidents will happen on the drilling sites and on the roads. Some already happened. We have been lucky. Luck will run out for some folks.

I caution all you anglers traveling on secondary roads in northcentral PA especially in the Pine Creek Valley area. Watch out for trucks. Pay attention. If you are pulling a trailer watch out for your extended side-view mirrors. Leave your motor home at home. You have been cautioned.
    Last edited by RatherBFishin; 03-07-2011 at 11:38 PM.