+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TN Tornado Alley

Hybrid View

Blog Entries

Default TN Tornado Alley

Alright all of you Franklin and Bedford county anglers, sound off. Is everybody OK after the storms yesterday?

Ed

Ed,

We are alright here, but, this tornado was a lot closer than I really wanted! It really did a lot of damage and the path was about 1/2 mile from my home!! We were without power from 12:30 to around 7:30pm. It came through very fast at about 55 miles per hour and did a lot of damage in a very short time frame! I think there was only 1 death or 2 from it. I checked on Jack and he had no problems and he never lost his power.

Thanks, Ed, for thinking about us. We are all fine.
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

I hadn't heard of any severe weather down that way but I'm very glad that you guys are all right.
    I can think of few acts more selfish than refusing a vaccination.

Blog Entries

Rainbowchaser, An F2 that roared through Warren's neighborhood and F1 landed near Clarksville (Ft. Campbell) . The storm front passed through at 50-60 mph. I like to live on the NE side of the foot of a large hill.

Ed

WSB Radio has a good weather forecaster on their staff. There was a discussion this morning with the early morning drive show host about the long term forecast. He always says the current conditions indicate these trends, but he forecast an active storm season for the Tennessee River Valley, back through the heartland. The El Nino conditions seem to be the major controlling factor one this. SO being a loss control/risk management type of guy, I would advise you to have plenty of batteries, maybe some gallon jugs of water one hand and talk to mama and the kids about where to go for safety around the house and where to meet if your community or your section of town gets hit by a tornado, i.e. the church, library, etc.

I hope none of you need these reminders.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

+ Reply to Thread