+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What is your current Mac or PC? Would you recommend it to others?

Hybrid View

Question What is your current Mac or PC? Would you recommend it to others?

Since we all have a Mac or PC I thought it would be interesting to find out what you all are using currently and would you recommend it to others.

I have a Toshiba Satellite. It is now 3 years old and working flawlessly. Never had an issue. The computer before this one was another Toshiba Satellite. It was 5 years old and it too run flawlessly. After 5 years of solid service we retired it. Since the first Toshiba served us well we decided to get another. I would highly recommend the Toshiba Satellite to anyone looking for a PC notebook.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

I have a Dell Inspiron notebook that is about 7 years old. The motherboard failed in the first week and the complete machine was replaced after a tirade. Since then I have replaced the LCD screen due to failure and the motherboard & HDD due to overheating issues that Dell didn't disclose. In the mean time I have two fans helping to keep it cool and I do several back-ups a day just in case.

A class action suit was filed against them because of a lack of an extended warranty to deal with this issue. I'm guess I am in-line to receive something once it is settled although I won't be spending my $2.38 on another Dell.

I'll take all recomendations to heart for that inevitable upgrade I am dreading.

nighthawk Guest

My PC was custom built by me so it really cannot be compared to any off the shelf product. It cost me less than a high end off the shelf system, is much faster and much more reliable. I can provide a list of components if anybody wants to know.

Panasonic CF-30 Toughbook

Wayne
    "I Never Saw A Wild Thing Sorry For Itself, A Bird Will Fall Frozen Dead From A Bough, Without Ever Having Felt Sorry For Itself."

Blog Entries

I have both and use both, but gravitate to the Macs more than the PCs. About all I use the PCs for anymore is a few bits of software that are written for Windows and just don't want to play nice with Wine or other Mac software for running PC programs. Easy upgrades, no constant nags for updates, just generally friendlier to use IMNSHO.
    Kevin

Be careful how you live. You may be the only Bible some person ever reads.

mine's a pc and built by me almost 3 years ago. incredibly reliable and stable with win7. the only time i get updates is when i ask.
    "There's more B.S. in fly fishing than there is in a Kansas feedlot." Lefty Kreh
    I can't say about fly fishing but there's a lot of feed lots in Kansas.
    Wes' Pattern Book
    http://www.flypatternbook.net

I have an HP Compaq PC (can't remember the model - several years old) and I wouldn't recommend it. On the flip side, I have an old HP Compac nx 9030 laptop that just seems to be as smooth and trouble-free as anything I've ever owned. Overall, I wouldn't recommend HP, though, even with the good experience on the laptop.
    A right emblem it may be, of the uncertain things of this world; that when men have sold them selves for them, they vanish into smoke. ~ William Bradford
    I finally realized that Life is a metaphor for Fly Fishing.

I run an Imac, it is 5 years old and "touch wood" has never given me any trouble. Easy updates, no virus, so far and it runs quicker than me! I am however thinking of upgrading to a newer one, if I do it will be another Mac. Mind you I do not do "Gaming" I think if you like to play games then a P.C. may be the way to go.
    All the best.
    Mike

I have a Dell Inspiron less than a year old, running Windows 7 without a problem so far.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

+ Reply to Thread