+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A little trout humor and music...

Default A little trout humor and music...

My band, Dog Mountain, played our traditional live-on-the-radio show for April Fool's Day again this year, on KRFC 88.9 FM, Fort Collins CO. As always, we recorded some fake commercials from fake sponsors.

Couldn't resist including one from Trout Removal Services, LLC, specializing in the safe removal of large, dangerous trout from lakes, streams, koi ponds, swimming pools and hot tubs.

It's here, and be warned the MP3 is about 2 meg:
    [url=http://dogmountainband.com/audio/troutremoval.mp3:dcda1]http://dogmountainband.com/audio/troutremoval.mp3[/url:dcda1]

Enjoy!
    DANBOB

[url=http://www.dogmountainband.com/:dcda1]http://www.dogmountainband.com/[/url:dcda1]

Thanks Danbob, that was a great chuckle for
    sure.*G* Warm regards, Jim

The commercial, I'm not sold on but the banjo can come to my house anytime. I for one would vote for a banjo position on the Chicago Symphony Orchestra. Perhaps we can convince BSwan ( Bob of the CSO) to lobby for that position!?.
    Nice job DB.

Mark

------------------
    I'd rather be in Wyoming!

Yepper, that's me on the banjer, and it will be coming to Idaho with me. I'll bring a washtub bass, too; unfortunately our drummer (playing the washboard in the commercial) can't make it, so not enough equipment to do laundry after each pickin' session. ;~)

Marco, I hate to admit this sometimes -- our new album does indeed have a classical track on it. Pachelbel's Canon in D for 3 banjos. CSO here we come! Should I wear my best Carhartt coveralls when I show up to audition?

DAN

danbob,
    I would go with the best, broke-in, Carhart overalls. Coveralls would be too hot under all them lights. Also, watch for surreptillious recording devices at the audition. Don't let them pirate your music! When they ask you to really let go and you are enjoying yourself is when they turn on those pirate recorders. Bring along some mean dogs to keep them on the up & up!!
    Y'all wuz pickin', and I wuz grinnin'!! Actually, ROFLMAO!! Luvin' it!! Gonna be interestin' hearin' that canon go off!
    Tie up a big 1/0 fly with a dried up piece of pork rind on it and when they ask what it is, tell 'em it's all that's left of the last varmint that tried to pirate our music! Might as well git thangs off on the right paw!

Andy

------------------
    all types of fishermen must pull together for the good of all!!!

Problem Trout? We'll Take Them Out!.....Excellent!! The background video scene reminds me of a big screen with a projector shinning on it as Buffalo Springfield was whalling away during a concert in 1967.........again, excellent!!

[This message has been edited by Jonezee (edited 10 April 2006).]

+ Reply to Thread