+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new golf neckwear

Default new golf neckwear

Interesting article
    http://www.golfworldmonday.com/golfw...pm=1&u1=friend

Hope the link works

Fly fishing item used in golf.....

Now THAT is totally kewl!! I always wear a bandana around my neck, but wow!, if I could find something like that it'd be soooooo much more comfortable! Thank you for posting that!
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Wow! I hope this is OK ...

Buff's got their own web site!! http://planetbuff.com/ If this can save one person from skin cancer ....
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Without a little red on my neck my friends wouldn't recognize me!

Seriously, skin cancer is a lot more serious than most of us tend to take it. First it's not just us blue/green eyed light complexion folks. My alma mater had a 21 year old black kid from B'ham, AL get skin cancer last year and died within two months. I have to believe there must be some genetic factors we do not know about but it's not just us gringos and it can be deadly. Just another reason to wear my brimmed hat, it also help prevent pierced ears.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

You are seeing more and more of the salt water fly fishermen wearing them today due to the sun.

Thanks Betty for posting the weblink, I am going to order one for myself.
    Popperfly>-<(((((*>
    Born to Fish...Forced to Work !

I saw a lot of anglers using Buffs when I was out west.
    For the fishing crowd...Buff makes these. http://www.planetbuff.com/UV-Angler-Buff

Examples:
    "There's more B.S. in fly fishing than there is in a Kansas feedlot." Lefty Kreh

"Catch and Release,...like Corrections Canada" ~ Rick Mercer

pillcaster,

It's kinda nice seeing fly fishing stuff used by the other sports fans - like golfers, but I might start to worry when they return the favor and I start seeing a lot of golf clubs being used as wading staffs, unless of course the golfer is just playin in the water hazard! I usually wear a collared long-sleeved shirt. The collar does a good job of protecting me from the sun and also from getting rubbed raw from all the stuff I can have hanging from my neck - binoculars, dog whistle/dog collar controller etc. Sometimes I look more like I'm bird hunting than fishing! I agree that you need all the protection from the sun you can get, especially in the water, water+snow+sun, water+snow+sun+altitude+wind. I see ocean flats fishermen with more "wraps" than the Mummy! That's good. The last time I camped,fished and hiked at altitude I got my hands sun-burnt pretty good without realizing it. My hands are always exposed, so I figured they of all things would be sun- conditioned. WRONG!! Live and learn!

Best regards, Dave who only comes out at night.

but I might start to worry when they return the favor and I start seeing a lot of golf clubs being used as wading staffs
    I can't think of a better use for a golf club. Either wading staff or tomato stake. What else would one use one for?
    fishing bum in training
    My blog:
    http://www.kyflyfishguy.blogspot.com/

I picked up a Buff and have been wearing it for just over a year. Sun protection is important but I use it pulled up over chin, nose, ears when there's need for just a little protection from cold air. Am asthmatic and in winter this light layer helps moisten the bitterly cold dry air as I breathe. A must for late fall through early spring...and then again when sun gets high.
    Grassman

Blog Entries

My fly shop sells Buff protection. I use a lightweight one for summer, I can easily cover up all of my neck, ears, chin, etc. with it and it actually keeps you cooler with it on.

I have a warm version for winter, great for keeping the howling wind and snow off your neck and face. Everyone should wear a Buff type sun protection piece of clothing.

Larry ---sagefisher---

+ Reply to Thread