Quote Originally Posted by Kerry Stratton View Post
Interesting. I have a 5 year old PC that cost me less than $400.00 when purchased, running Win7 Pro 64 bit. I use some high end photo editing software on it with no issues. I am also running the latest version of Office. All I did before I installed 64 bit Win7 was to add some more memory at a cost of less than $100.00. So I am running the latest version of Windows. The latest version of Office and the latest version of Adobe Lightroom and Photomatrix along with a few others. The only app I have some concern about is Lightroom which takes a bit longer to load than I would like. Other than that my 5 year old, $500.00 PC is working just fine, thank you.

Also, the computer is a Hewlett Packard.
I too have an HP laptop that is 7 years old. Aside from a RAM upgrade, it was going strong, running windows, right up until a few months ago. Everything was still going fine, I just decided to try out Linux, and love it as well...the HP is still running it just fine.

nighthawk, i dont really think that what mnklagoon said had anything to do with what youre talking about. its just another person's opinion. no need to get upset or pedantic.