Last season I was hoping that Simms would come out with a sandal with their Vibram Streamtread sole. Guess what ?? ( I have a previous model of a Simms wading sandal and it has been good wet wading footwear. It did have one major flaw - velcro closures. I never lost a sandal while wading, but the possibility was always a concern. The new Streamtread Sandal has a laced closure which should prove to be very secure. )

http://www.simmsfishing.com/site/Str...j:72.174.54.68

Ordered a pair yesterday, with a 25% discount on the occasion of Simms' annual turkey sandwich day at The Grizzly Hackle in Missoula. The sandal version also accepts the studs used on the boots.

Not to start another discussion of felt vs. whatever, but I have heard really good things about the Simms wading boots with these soles, and am eager to give the sandals a go.

Just a couple months out !!

John

P.S. Don't know if an oversized Streamtread Sandal would work as wading footwear with waders, but it is worth considering. I have used oversized Teva sandals with waders occasionally, and that is a very satisfactory option when the temps are decent and the streambed is not too difficult. Lots easier hiking in with that set up, and lots easier on the more expensive gear that doesn't get beat up on trails.