Well, at the risk of being called a schill again, I will respond to this thread because I've not only been casting the full line, but fishing the full line of BVKs now since last Fall. And in the interest of full disclosure allow me to say that I did receive a pro discount when I purchased all of the rods.

If you like a light-weight, fast action fly rod you will really enjoy the new BVKs. Lefty and Flip put over a year of testing and refinement into the line, tweaking each different rod in the line until it was just the way they wanted them. If you are a short stroke, low elbow style of caster (a la Lefty), you will LOVE the 7 through 10 weight BVKs! The 3 through 5 weights seem more "friendly" to different styles to me.

I used to over-line my TFO Axioms by 1 line weight, even with saltwater lines. I don't do this with the BVKs unless I want a very specific result from the 3-5 weight rods (easier loading for small streams, etc.). I use SA Mastery and Airflo fly lines. The rods are very smooth, with extremely low vibration/tip bounce. This is similar to the Axiom, but at a greatly reduced rod weight. The rods come with REC Recoil stripping guides. The remaining guides are titanium as well. The grips are slightly down-sized from older TFO rods, much the same as they were for the Axiom series. But this time the fighting butts on the larger rods have also been reduced in size. I find this very pleasing. You can always add an after-market padded butt cap to them (available from TFO), but you couldn't do that with the larger fighting butts. You were stuck with the big fighting butt. And the finish on the rods is quite attractive. I've over-lined a 7 weight up to 9 weight just beautifully and still carried well over 40 feet of line in the air during false casting (just to see if it would take the strain well). And I've fished the 3 weight in 30 mph wind for several hours and maintained unbelievable control without wearing myself out (because I was too lazy to walk back to the car and change rods).

I've fished them for several days in saltwater and freshwater. The rods have performed extremely well. During this entire time, I've been battling a case of tendonitis in my right elbow compounded by my RA and fibromyalgia. There are plenty of fly rods on the market that I would not have been able to fish for more than 30 minutes in this condition. I've fished and cast many fly rods for 2-3 times the price that were no better than this rod.

It's just one man's report, but there you have it. That's my 2 cents on the TFO BVK. Everything I've posted here is accurate and without an ounce of hype. I have nothing negative to report. If I did, I'd tell you.