Time to get some chatter started on this in the forum. April 9 and 10 of this year there will be a fly fishing show in Sequim Wa. It's reasonably convenient to everyone from Bellingham to Olympia. [Given the distances and ferries we encounter getting off the peninsula reasonably convenient may have a little broader interpretation for us than you on the mainland but it's not that bad so come on out.] For details go to www.olympicpeninsulaflyfishingshow.com. A couple of things I'd like to stress are: (1)the door prizes. Over $1,500 of fly fishing and tying gear will be given away. Drawings will be held every half hour or so. For these drawings you have to pick up your prize that day. But the Three GRAND prize winners will be notifies by email or phone and their prizes will be mailed to them. (2)the first annual Inter Fly Fishing Club Casting Contest. Two person teams can represent their club and a club can have as many teams enter as there are members willing to give it a try. Entries with the entry fee of $15 per competitor must reach us by April 1. Your entry fee also gets you in the show.(3)the tie a fly in 5 minutes contest. We supply the tools and materials you tie a fly in 5 minutes. It's winner take all and all the prizes for this contest haven't been selected yet. and (4)we need volunteer fly tiers to demonstrate their skills and WOW the masses. So finger you feathers, massage you mylar, practice your patter, dial in your dubbin and send me an email to sign up. If you tie one day you get half off your gate fee (we're small and new and we really need the money), tie both days and you get in free. There's free parking, food on site and did I mention $1,500 in door prizes, a fly fishing club casting contest, a fly tying contest and you can become a famous fly tying demonstrator.

Contact me at coop_1126@yahoo.com