+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Faol fly raffle

Hybrid View

Default Faol fly raffle

I am looking for thoughts on a raffle to help pay for the new software to give us a upgraded chat system. What I am purposing is this:

From FOTW I will pick 1 pattern from each quarter of the each year that FOAL has been up and tie them. That would be 55 flies, I would also throw in my RRP pattern to make an even number. I need to see what would be liked better? A shadow boxed display or something like nice Montana Fly Company box to have them in.

Tickets would run x number of dollars with Deanna receiving the funds then after so long a drawing would be held.

If this sounds like something you would like to see please respond to this thread.

As I said I would tie the patterns myself. Depending on feed back for either the Shadow Box Display or fly box, I would need to find someone that could help with those items.

Wayne
    Last edited by MTWFF; 02-24-2011 at 06:17 PM.
    "I Never Saw A Wild Thing Sorry For Itself, A Bird Will Fall Frozen Dead From A Bough, Without Ever Having Felt Sorry For Itself."

Normand Guest

has this idea been approved by the publishers??

Blog Entries

Wayne,

I am always up for a raffle.

57 flies. That is a lot. Personally I would like to see the flies split up, say 4 ways, so there could be a total of 5 winners, each receiving 11 or 12, depending upon which box they receive. Three would get 11 flies, two would get 12 flies.

But, whatever, like I said, I am always up for a raffle.

Larry ---sagefisher---

I have spoke with Denny, and we are feeling out what folks think at this time. Larry, the idea of multi winners is very good thank you, I would tie some other patterns to make it a even dozen to each winner.
    Last edited by MTWFF; 02-25-2011 at 03:15 AM.
    "I Never Saw A Wild Thing Sorry For Itself, A Bird Will Fall Frozen Dead From A Bough, Without Ever Having Felt Sorry For Itself."

I like the idea of a raffle either for the flies or perhaps some other items that members would be willing to donate. I'd be happy to contribute a custom made pen if the administrators are okay with the broader offering raffle idea. Your thoughts...

Or would it be better to pick a pattern from each year of the FOTW. Could tie several sets with either the shadow box or nice fly box idea.

Wayne

Wayne, first off thank you for volenteering to take on a big job for everyone"s benefit. I'd like to say that I would support such a project but as things stand I either would not participate or buy a single token ticket. I'm afraid the same thing applies to a lot of us right now.
    I can think of few acts more selfish than refusing a vaccination.

I wil play.
    "The reason you have a good vision is you're standing on the shoulders of giants." ~ Andy Batcho

Quote Originally Posted by MTWFF View Post
    I am looking for thoughts on a raffle to help pay for the new software to give us a upgraded chat system. What I am purposing is this:

From FOTW I will pick 1 pattern from each quarter of the each year that FOAL has been up and tie them. That would be 55 flies, I would also throw in my RRP pattern to make an even number. I need to see what would be liked better? A shadow boxed display or something like nice Montana Fly Company box to have them in.

Tickets would run x number of dollars with Deanna receiving the funds then after so long a drawing would be held.

If this sounds like something you would like to see please respond to this thread.

As I said I would tie the patterns myself. Depending on feed back for either the Shadow Box Display or fly box, I would need to find someone that could help with those items.

Wayne
    Wayne,
    Let me know what you need. I'll do what I can. Probably not too much, but my best effort.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

First off I want to thank everyone for their input. If those of you that would like to help tie I would send you a list of patterns from a certain group of years and that would be the patterns for you to tie?

Another thing.................once we give everyone a chance to voice their support or lack there of, I will discuss the finer details with those that have the yes or no final vote. I will then find out if they approve with any of the ideas before going forth with any of them. Again if the folks on here want to procede with the idea please say so. We should all decide here in the next week if it is something that we all want to support.

Wayne
    Last edited by MTWFF; 02-26-2011 at 08:31 AM.

+ Reply to Thread