+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who cares? (not FF)

Hybrid View

Default Who cares? (not FF)

This is just a rant against the news media and their priorities.
    Who cares if Lindsy Lohan goes to jail, Charlie Sheen is back
    in rehab or if some other so and so gets a new tattoo? Is there
    so little going on in the world today that these things have to be
    reported over and over?
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

Normand Guest

justin bieber and jennifer aniston cut their hair!!!

who the %^&* cares!!

william and kate - just let them get married and leave them alone
    Last edited by Normand; 02-24-2011 at 04:35 PM.

Blog Entries

And who are you guys talking about?
    Kevin

Be careful how you live. You may be the only Bible some person ever reads.

Just in beaver? Who's beaver?

Bob,

He's that kid everyone leaves it too. He has a brother, Wally. Watch out for Wally's creepy friend, Eddie Haskell.

REE
    Happiness is wading boots that never have a chance to dry out.

Cold Guest

There is a driving rage to be at the top of everything and to be better than anyone else in your job/sport. There is a driving rage to be better than anyone else in your job/sport.
    That's capitalism.

While I agree that the news is a joke (and dont kid yourselves, old timers, its been that way for a while), in the business of celebrity, especially now, if you aren't in the headlines, you don't exist. Let's face it here, how many of us would even know names like Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan, Justin Bieber, Kim Kardashian, or Stefani Germanotta if their names weren't all over the place. It's infectious fame. And while some have talent, many now are simply famous because they're famous. In a position like that, you depend on people talking about you, and to accomplish that, you need to get your name out there in any way possible.

Is it right? Well, that's subjective. But the truth of it is that it only exists because we, the people ,make a market for it.

The sad truth is, this junk is in the news because is sells. I've seen more more news teasers on Bieber's haircut than on the earthquake in New Zealand. Why? Because he sells.

REE, come on now...we all have a friend or aquaintance like Eddie Haskell somewhere. He's not really that creepy...well...okay, I think maybe you are right.
    A right emblem it may be, of the uncertain things of this world; that when men have sold them selves for them, they vanish into smoke. ~ William Bradford
    I finally realized that Life is a metaphor for Fly Fishing.

That's what I'm talking about Ron. If Eddie Haskell went to jail or rehab, it would've been kept on the downlow to protect him, his family and the Cleavers.
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Bobinmich View Post
    Just in beaver? Who's beaver?
    If you take a little of that cut beaver hair, dye it a rusty orange color, mix it with a little orange and black antron, and throw it in the coffee grinder for a few seconds it'll make excellent dubbing. Of course, if you find a somewhat orange beaver to begin with, you can skip the dyeing step....
    Wet wadin' hillbilly extraordinaire

Man is most nearly himself when he achieves the seriousness of a child at play.

Heraclitus

Chaos..hmmm, let me think...

Yesterday I got up, loaded the truck for a show, read a good book for a couple of hours...drove to a local dude ranch, stopping at In-n-Out for lunch on the way, set up and sold glass stuff to vacationers from five countries...Packed up, had a snack at Jacks in the truck on the way home. Read myself to sleep after spending a half hour petting the dogs. "Normal" Thursday for me.

Today I have to put the trash cans out to the curb, run to the welders supply for Oxygen, then spend the day making glass saguaro ornaments for the Saguaro National Park (where they sell them to vacationing folks from all over). While I'm working I'll either have the adio on the sports talk station, watch fishing shows on Versus, or slip a DVD in the machine and watch a movie or finish watching the Legend of the Seeker final season DVDs. I'll take the family someplace for lunch, where we'll discuss such weighty matters as what color roller skate earrings we I need to make for the upcoming Roller Derby bout on the 12th, and should we add the new cat and owl to the line or keep tweaking a bit longer....May even hit a couple of antique malls here (we hit the used book store on Wednesday-a once a week ritual)..the boss is trying to find something nice to put on the front porch so the UPS and FedEx guys have a place to set stuff besides the ground....probably spend a couple hours later tonight tying something...typical day when I don't have a show.

If this is Chaos, then I've worked very hard to achieve it...I hope it lasts.

I thought Beaver, Wally, and Eddie were ridiculous and stupid when they were 'new' (filthiess thing ever said on network TV was said on this show, and it got past the sensors)...Manstream TV is all about the lowest common denominator, even way back then...

I sincerely hope that folks in other parts of the world will do what they need to do to let themselves achieve the kind of chaos I've found. I wish them well, but I'm not going to lose sleep over it either way.

And, if you think what's going on in the Middle East is chaos, wait untill things start to errupt in China....Folks tend to move towards freedom eventually....

Buddy
    It Just Doesn't Matter....

+ Reply to Thread