The back is really going downhill fast. I go in for more MRI scans on Wednesday and then off to neurosurgeon number 1 on March 22nd. Legs go numb then come screaming back to life along with feeling weak, knees unlock, feet burn. Now I am also having worse pain between the shoulder blades down to just under the last rib so the thoracic back is getting worse too.

Doc has taken me off of all duties except operating a fork lift and stand up tug but those too soon will be a thing of the past. I am on strict orders to rest on my days off with my hours at work not to exceed 40 hours per week. It is difficult to sleep or as you might be able to tell even sit at this computer typing. Starting to affect my disposition in a negative way. Heck I have a car that needs inspected by the end of the month but I can't even replace the alternator and brakes that it needs for that. The last little excursion to post pictures of that local creek I was looking at cost me dearly.

We are going to do the rest, therapy and shots before they decide if surgery will even work in my case. I am being told that most cases like mine require a reinforcement of the spinal column. don't know what this will do for my fly fishing, canoing, camping plans but it can't be good. The waiting is so dang tough to handle. At least my employer is willing to work with me and I have been put on Family Medical Leave Act coverage for my time off.

Really stinks that it hurts to even try to cast a fly rod. It won't stop me though as I refuse to let it get me down.