+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fly Tying Vises

Blog Entries

Smile Fly Tying Vises

I recently met a few of our Junior Members ( young fly tyers and Fly Fishermen ) in the Chat Room. Mostly self-taught and very impressive kids. Most can only dream of that upgraded vise and the wanted materials list is also just a dream for many of them.

Many of you may still have that old vise or vises somewhere packed away. I would like to ask for donations of your old vises, tools and Hooks. Materials in packages would also be appreciated. I would like to establish a small collection of these items, to be offered to kids in FAOL and make these gifts available to our future tyers.

Perhaps we will ask them for a short essay on what fly tying/fly fishing means to them.

Are you able to help? Kindly PM with donations or questions. Thank you

NewTyer 1 Guest

I may have a vise and full pheasant skin. I'll have to look around.

Blog Entries

Thank you NewTyer1,

That would be wonderful.

Dave, I'll check and see. I'll check with you to see if materials are okay.
    Mike

Dave, I have several beginner vises and lots of tying "stuff" I'd contribute. PM me your address and it's yours! Thanks for helping out the young tyers! rON

Blog Entries

Thank you Mike,

Anything would be greatly appreciated

Blog Entries

Thank you Ron,

That will really jump start things, you help is greatly appreciated

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DaveMac View Post
    I recently met a few of our Junior Members ( young fly tyers and Fly Fishermen ) in the Chat Room. Mostly self-taught and very impressive kids. Most can only dream of that upgraded vise and the wanted materials list is also just a dream for many of them.

Many of you may still have that old vise or vises somewhere packed away. I would like to ask for donations of your old vises, tools and Hooks. Materials in packages would also be appreciated. I would like to establish a small collection of these items, to be offered to kids in FAOL and make these gifts available to our future tyers.

Perhaps we will ask them for a short essay on what fly tying/fly fishing means to them.

Are you able to help? Kindly PM with donations or questions. Thank you
    Thank you for your generosity!!! Received 3 beginners vises from ronhenry123 and today a big box of materials arrived from cheffy another wonderful FAOL Member.

I will be putting together 3 starter kits and will need 3 each of the following:
    Bobbins, threads, scissors, bodkins, whip finishers, head cement, oval tinsel, 4 strand floss fly tying books and any good materials or tools, vises that you can spare.

You don't need to be a teenager to take part in this. If you would like to start tying and find yourself with a financial situation at the moment...perhaps we can help. Just send a Private Message to DaveMac and tell me what you need.
    Last edited by DaveMac; 03-21-2011 at 06:07 PM.

Blog Entries

Today a large package of fly tying materials arrived from FAOL Member melk . He followed up with an email that he found some more turkey feathers for the new tyers. Thank you so very much for your generosity

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DaveMac View Post
    Many of you may still have that old vise or vises somewhere packed away. I would like to ask for donations of your OLD VISE, SCISSORS, BOBBINS, TOOLS, HOOKS, THREADS and BOOKS. MATERIALS would also be appreciated. I would like to establish a small collection of these items, to be offered to NEW TYERS that may be have financial problems at the moment. It might be FAOL Kids or Adults. Please help me to make these gifts available to our future tyers.

Are you able to help? Kindly PM with donations or questions or email me directly at Selectivefly@aol.com Thank you
    Today I sent out the first of our Fly Tying Kits to an FAOL adult with interests in Saltwater tying. I was able to put together a donated Vise, Book: Introduction to Saltwater Fly Tying by Sanchez, a Dr. Slick pair of scissors, bobbin, Sally Hansen's Hard as Nails and a nice assortment of Saltwater Fly Tying Materials. I was unable to provide Flymaster thread and saltwater hooks, but what was sent will surely be appreciated. Thank you to those that have and will continue to contribute to this worthy project.

+ Reply to Thread