+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Faol :)

Hybrid View

Thumbs up Faol :)

I know this gets said every once in a while, but I'm going to say it agian. This site is great and has the nicest and most helpful people of any site that I know of. I started fly fishing a couple of years ago, and with out this site I never would have made it. Through this site I met Jack, who really got me started and since then I've met several more of you and I can't thank you enough.

How helpful this site is, sort of hit home to me in the last couple of days. I made my first trip to a local tail water yesterday. I posted a question on another site asking about how safe is the wading there. I didn't know if you could wade while generating or not and the dam has 2 generators so I didn't have a clue whether you could wade with one, or even 2 of them. After 103 views to that question, I had no replies. So, I removed the post, and went at a time when I knew they were fixing to turn off the generators.

The fellow fisherman on the water yesterday, were like nearly all other fisherman I've seen before, very helpful. Now I know you can't wade with 2 generators and where you can go with 1 generator, thanks to them.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks to Ladyfisher for letting us hang out in her virtual fish camp, and say thanks to all my fellow FAOLers.

thanks,
    Jason
    "If we lie to the government, it's called a felony, when they lie to us, it's called politics." Bill Murray

Blog Entries

Well said Jason.. And if I can chime in a moment.. I'm in an area that just has very few flyfishermen and this site has been a never-ending source of information, materials -and amazement - to me. I introduce some kids to warmwater flyfishing every year, through a "fishing day" and I was donated a couple rods by Jack Hise and djo that I use for this. I have pmed a couple members with questions on flies they've mentioned (embarrassed to say I can't remember who) and they have actually sent me flies as patterns. I still don't use a Boa Leech (my variation ) without thinking of Rick Z and FAOL. I enjoy making and using dremel flies thanks to info from Jim Hatch. I have been swapping some materials back and forth with albasurf and I promise you all a picture of a big bass, in the next few weeks, taken on a fly made from those materials. So, while I know I'm leaving someone out, I add my thanks to LadyFisher, FAOL and to all of you.

I encourage you all to thank FAOL by submitting an article to the front page. They are always well received.

Thanks .. g
    "Flyfishing is not a religion. You can make up your own rules as you go.".. Jim Hatch.. 2/27/'06

I add my agreement to this thread. I'm more of a peripheral member here, but it's always friendly and welcoming. I've posted before that this site is a world above any other, on any topic, that I have found on the net.
    A right emblem it may be, of the uncertain things of this world; that when men have sold them selves for them, they vanish into smoke. ~ William Bradford
    I finally realized that Life is a metaphor for Fly Fishing.

Thumbs up

Jason,
    I've been around here for awhile, & I have one thing to say.....
    It's younger folks like YOU who are the heart & soul of this fine community we know as FAOL. Thank you for letting us older folks know that this site will thrive long after we are gone.
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

nighthawk Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ohiotuber View Post
    Jason,
    I've been around here for awhile, & I have one thing to say.....
    It's younger folks like YOU who are the heart & soul of this fine community we know as FAOL. Thank you for letting us older folks know that this site will thrive long after we are gone.
    Mike
    Who you callin old there bub!? I am starting to resemble that remark!

Seriously I agree with all ya'all!

+ Reply to Thread