+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Where all the saddle hackles are going...

Default Where all the saddle hackles are going...

I case one hasn't noticed, saddle hackle have become a "fashion trend"...my local shop has been cleaned out by hair stylists...

http://flyfishmagazine.blogspot.com/...le-hackle.html

Whiting will be disassembling their EuroHackle saddles and will be repackaging them in a new product line called the "Whiting Fashion Pack" ."Sixteen long feathers of a single color will be affixed on our branded board, very much like our Whiting 100 Packs, but not sized as to hook size. The suggested retail price will be $20.00.

In order to do this more fair allocation of our limited EuroHackle saddles we will have to cease selling full or half saddles as a product line. We are making an extra effort to keep our flagship Whiting dry fly saddles, and the new High and Dry saddles, in good stock to supply all the fly tier?s needs."

(From an Email sent to Whiting Farms customers)

PT/TB
    Daughter to Father, "How many arms do you have, how many fly rods do you need?"
    http://planettrout.wordpress.com/

Blog Entries

Sounds like for short term profit they are long term shooting themselves in the foot, remember you have a choice where and whom you buy from.
    "Complexity is easy; Simplicity is difficult."
    Georgy Shragin
    Designer of ppsh41 sub machine gun

Bass_Bug Guest

Yep, this topic hit FAOL about a month ago.

http://www.flyanglersonline.com/bb/s...er-Girls/page2

Blog Entries

What a great opportunity for all you commercial fly tyers out there. Stop by those hair shops and bring your order sheets with you. Perhaps introduce them to some nice long furs or man-made materials. I really don't think that anyone will have a problem getting the saddles that they want.

Maybe PETA will lay a guilt trip on them and the fad will die a rapid death...

In the mean time I may stock up on Krystal Flash and Flashabou before the salons offer that as a vegan alternative!

Bamboozle,

That's just too funny! ROFLMAO!!! Just show them this URL posted originally by DON01
    http://www.flyanglersonline.com/bb/a...1&d=1297094425
    Best regards, Dave S.
    Last edited by fishdog54; 02-19-2011 at 06:40 AM. Reason: Additional Smarta## stuff

Fishdog:

How about we get some T-shirts made up like this:

We can all wear them and hang out near hair salons!!

Bamboozle,

I'm not squeemish, but that picture on a tee shirt would probably freak me out too! So, yes that would work I think!

Best regards, Dave S.

Oh no!... Barb just called me up and wanted a slug of grizzly hackle for her hair-do and she's been talkin' too: "The one who washes the clothes and eats the food I cook and does not fish"(or know anything about it), so I decided, before I let her have it, to offer a one time deal to the board, or else Barb get's it. In the ole time tradition of John P. Getty (capitalism) I'm offering my grizzly saddle up for Two Grand.... Well it does have provenance. It's been part of the Adam's family (of TV fame?), and along with brown hackle the pair are priceless. I'll throw in a few Gold Pheasant Tippets just in case you are short. Sorry, tying lessons are extra. Paypal only!
    "As far down the river as he could see, the trout were rising, making circles on the surface of the water, as though it were starting to rain."- E.H., The Big Two Hearted River

+ Reply to Thread