I just got an e-mail from my aunt about an old picture of my mother and her grandmother that I had scanned and sent her. She said that someday she and her remaining sister wer going to have to talk to my generation about life in my grandparents home. That reminded me of another someday that I let get away. Many years ago I bought my grandfathers shotgun from my dad at a very low price but with two stipulations. It couldn't be sold ouside the family and I wouldn't refinish it because so many of those scars in the stock were tied to memories of my grandfather. We said then that sometime he would have to tell me about them. We never got around to it until I knew he was dying. I bought the gun to him but a combination of the years and the opiates they were giving him meant that he could tell me nothing except that he could not recall my grandfather ever missing with it. I took the gun to a family reunion last summer and talked to his older brother but he did not remember it at all. If you have heirloom sporting goods or anything else you want to stay in your family tell the stories now while you can. Then when your grandson finds your grandfathers fly rod he won't be posting here to ask what he has. He'll know!