+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wanted loomis glx

Default Wanted loomis glx

LOOKING FOR A G. LOOMIS CROSSCURRENT glx IN 7-10 WT---HAVE ONE FOR SALE OR TRADE?/ THANKS FOR LOOKING--JAKE

be careful with Loomis...they recently dropped all the guides off their program and moved shop...gone is the $50 return policy, its $100 now...also it can be done only once by the ORIGINAL owner so if you break it you will be ruined...they stopped making the rods I use altogether so I am screwed on this deal even though I have used GLX exclusively for over 15yrs and on their guide program, there is NO more guide program for anybody...I have 2 rods that nothing can be done and they refuse to even talk about it...they lost me forever and I think it will drive people away...this is not to bad mouth them so much but to let you know what can/will happen when you break one or need the guides fixed etc...I will sell you some of mine if you want...

if you relied on a warranty you always have the option of small claims court--you can contact the dept of corporations and they can provide the person who is required to accept service of process-its a big hassle for them and will open the door for some relief for you ------best of luck---jake

How about a new in the tube Redington NanoTi 8wt?

I find the observations of bonefishwhisperer distressing. If Loomis is no longer supporting (i.e., repairing) older rod models, then this would be a serious disincentive to buying a Loomis rod. Having just purchased two Loomis rods over the past few months, I wonder if I have made two mistakes. Anyone else have any experience with Loomis and older rod repair?

Quote Originally Posted by bonefishwhisperer View Post
    be careful with Loomis...they recently dropped all the guides off their program and moved shop...gone is the $50 return policy, its $100 now...also it can be done only once by the ORIGINAL owner so if you break it you will be ruined...they stopped making the rods I use altogether so I am screwed on this deal even though I have used GLX exclusively for over 15yrs and on their guide program, there is NO more guide program for anybody...I have 2 rods that nothing can be done and they refuse to even talk about it...they lost me forever and I think it will drive people away...this is not to bad mouth them so much but to let you know what can/will happen when you break one or need the guides fixed etc...I will sell you some of mine if you want...
    Yes loomis did up the cost from $50.00 to $100.00 on their "Xpedite" service. Personally I dont think $100.00 for a no questions asked "Xpedite" service is all that bad. And I cant blame them for keeping it to the "original" owner, even though I dont know how they can prove who the original owner was since they dont/didnt have a registration form like most of the other manufacturers. I also understand why it can be used for curret models. How can they "Xpedite" a model that they no longer make/stock? Loomis still warranties thier rods against defects. The "Xpedite" service is a "no questions asked" sevice, more for the rods broken in doors and fallen on. All this is well documented on their website under service and warranty. I do think that companies should honor the warranty that was in effect when the rod was bought.
    Sounds like you are more unhappy with Loomis for not giving you the 50 to 60% "guide" discount.

Good luck, Tony
    Last edited by tony300wby; 02-19-2011 at 11:10 AM.

not doubt I am unhappy with them but you missed the point...agreed the $100 is nothing but what about the 1 time only deal??? is that what you like? also they cant warranty a rod they dont make so they offer a lesser cost rod, are you defending that???their rods are going downhill...every cross current you get will lose the finish no matter who you are...it will chip away in about 1yr every time...the wraps are bad with exposed guide foots on 30% or the wraps and the cork really is factory 3rds...this is admitted by the rep in person...I chose LOOMIS because they were the best rod IMO and I stayed with them out of loyality since they were so willing to make things right each time and I have spent at least $10,000 with them which more than 1/2 was full price...not to worry for me because I have access to any rod and with even better prices now...they are still good rods but dont be surprised if you buy a 2nd hand rod and get the runaround if you need warranty
    Last edited by bonefishwhisperer; 03-04-2011 at 01:08 PM.

"the $100 is nothing but what about the 1 time only deal??? is that what you like? also they cant warranty a rod they dont make so they offer a lesser cost rod, are you defending that???"

I am not defending anything. I am saying that most of your information is not accurate. Everything is on their website, just have to read it.
    http://www.gloomis.com/publish/conte...y/service.html
    http://www.gloomis.com/publish/conte...y/support.html

As for your other claims;
    I have no experiance with the Cross Current series, but have never heard about the finish chipping.
    As far as the wraps and cork. I have not seen what you describe. At least nothing any worse than most of the other manufactures.

Good luck, Tony

since you all worship Loomis then I guess you want to buy the rods then right?? after all 2 of them are brand new... I would love to DUMP them....I will use their super great warranty dept like you advised me to...this means I will soon have a 5wt GLX-6wt GLX 8wt GLX and 10wt CCpro 1pc rod for sale...I will sell them 1/2 price which is cheaper than anybody can buy them...you can use your website prices to see what they cost...if you really want them then buy them
    Last edited by bonefishwhisperer; 03-17-2011 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bonefishwhisperer View Post
    since you all worship Loomis then I guess you want to buy the rods then right?? after all 2 of them are brand new... I would love to DUMP them....I will use their super great warranty dept like you advised me to...this means I will soon have a 5wt GLX-6wt GLX 8wt GLX and 10wt CCpro 1pc rod for sale...I will sell them 1/2 price which is cheaper than anybody can buy them...you can use your website prices to see what they cost...if you really want them then buy them

I do admit my 5wt. GLX is one of my all time favorite rods, but I dont think I would "Worship" it.

I already have 3 of the four rods that you are looking to "dump", and I am really not interested in a 1 pc. 10wt.

When you say 1/2 price, is that off of the price that you payed with your "guide/pro form" discount? If so that will be some great deals.

Good luck, Tony

+ Reply to Thread