Thread: Wanted loomis glx

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by bonefishwhisperer View Post
    be careful with Loomis...they recently dropped all the guides off their program and moved shop...gone is the $50 return policy, its $100 now...also it can be done only once by the ORIGINAL owner so if you break it you will be ruined...they stopped making the rods I use altogether so I am screwed on this deal even though I have used GLX exclusively for over 15yrs and on their guide program, there is NO more guide program for anybody...I have 2 rods that nothing can be done and they refuse to even talk about it...they lost me forever and I think it will drive people away...this is not to bad mouth them so much but to let you know what can/will happen when you break one or need the guides fixed etc...I will sell you some of mine if you want...
    Yes loomis did up the cost from $50.00 to $100.00 on their "Xpedite" service. Personally I dont think $100.00 for a no questions asked "Xpedite" service is all that bad. And I cant blame them for keeping it to the "original" owner, even though I dont know how they can prove who the original owner was since they dont/didnt have a registration form like most of the other manufacturers. I also understand why it can be used for curret models. How can they "Xpedite" a model that they no longer make/stock? Loomis still warranties thier rods against defects. The "Xpedite" service is a "no questions asked" sevice, more for the rods broken in doors and fallen on. All this is well documented on their website under service and warranty. I do think that companies should honor the warranty that was in effect when the rod was bought.
    Sounds like you are more unhappy with Loomis for not giving you the 50 to 60% "guide" discount.

Good luck, Tony
    Last edited by tony300wby; 02-19-2011 at 11:10 AM.