+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TFO rods...

Default TFO rods...

Who uses them? I've been doing some research and I really like what I've read about the TFO rods. Specifically the TiCRx and the Clouser rods. They are both priced very similar, ($250-ish). The Clouser I believe is just a bit short but other than that they both appear to be great rods. Anyone have any input on either of these or maybe have done some comparison casting? I'm currently in the Middle East and will be going home in June for some Redfish action down in South Padre, Texas. I'm looking at a new rod to mount my Sage 1680 8wt reel on.
    Thanks all!

While you are checking out the TFO rods, make sure to lawn cast their new TFO BVK series of fly rods. Very smooth casting rods and you cannot beat the prices. I have the BVK 9' 4 piece 5wt and the 9' 4 piece 7wt and really enjoy fishing them. The 5wt is $224.95 and the 7wt is $249.95 I believe. You cannot beat the quality and performance at those kind of prices! There is just something about how smooth they deliver the cast. The 5wt weighs in at 2.9 ounces and the 7wt weighs 3.1 ounces. You can fish these rods all day and not wear out your arm. Their customer service and warranty is great plus they are a sponsor here. I have no connection with TFO, but, I am very pleased with the performance of the BVK series and feel you need to give them a try to see what you think.
    Last edited by WarrenP; 02-16-2011 at 12:39 PM.
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Someone on another of the sites I visit said the same thing. I will be looking at the BVK as well. My only issue as that I'm in Afghanistan now and won't be home until June. I will only have a couple of days home before we leave for my fishing trip. That's what I'm asking for. I'm looking for a good 8wt rod and I hear nothing but good things about TFO.
    Thanks!

If you contact Rick Pope (President of TFO) directly, and explain your situation, I'm sure he'll see that you have a TFO of your choice waiting for you on your return. He's a great guy, and has a great line of rods. I have several of his rods, but have not yet cast the BVK. A TFO dealer and guide friend says he's "going to throw all his other TFO rods away and go BVK." Pretty impressive statement.

Regards,
    I flyfish the salt because the voices in my head tell me to...

Good morning,
    I own 2 TFO TiCRx rods an 8wt. and a 10wt. that I purchased specifically for saltwater use. We visit Fla only once or twice a year and both rods have served me well. I have been very pleased with the performance of both rods and would recommend TFO rods to anyone venturing into saltwater fishing.

+ Reply to Thread