I recently received a ?dressing down? in a PM about one of my remarks in a message when I made a remark about the intelligence of draftees in 1969. It was not undeserved. Looking back my opinion primarily was cause by my frequent interaction with only 3 drafted trainees and a red headed kid from the MS Delta who was a member of the Army Reserve. I comment on the color of his hair, less someone jump to conclusions and I be considered a bigot. I apologized to the offended party and offer my apology to anyone else who may have been offended. Thinking back I remember about half the company C-1-2, Ft. Polk, LA seemed to be from Iowa and were a good bunch of young men and it seemed all of them were draftees.
The writer made comments about protecting my backside during the Tet Offensive. During the Tet Offensive I was a college kid with a semester of my toughest classes to graduate on time and find a job to support my young bride. The Viet Nam war was never about protecting the USA or US citizens, but that's another discussion.
I am not trying to start an argument; if this is out of line please delete.