+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Opinions on Hodgman Waders!! Good / Bad / Whatever....

Hybrid View

Cool Opinions on Hodgman Waders!! Good / Bad / Whatever....

Hello Folks, I am looking for some opinions on Hodgman Waders. I have included a link to the sale page on their website which seems to have some excellent prices. My goal is to get my daughter and her boyfriend some waders. They are both young and working a lot so it's not likely they will get a lot of use and they live in Asheville NC so extreme cold is not a factor. I have an older pair of 5mm neoprene that I used for steelhead that lasted extremely well for the $$.
    http://www.hodgman.com/Sale-Fishing-C69.aspx

Anyway I'd like any thoughts good or bad!!!!
    Thnx,
    Dan

Nice. I get up to 4 years of trouble free service out of the chest high wadelights.
    Bruce

I have heard some bad comments on Hodgman breathables in the past from a few folks, but I have a pair of Wadelites that are going on their 7th or 8th year, not sure which, and they are still going strong. I am not easy on them either, and they just keep going and going! I had to patch a pin hole in them once, right in the crotch, with aqua-seal, but other than that, they are still bone-dry. I believe the pinhole came from all the miles I've hiked into mountain streams while wearing them (point where they rubbed together from all the walking). I would not hesitate to buy another pair of Wadelites.
    Mark 1:17

I can't speak to the new Hodgman breathables but I have a pair of Hodgman Wadelite stocking-foot hippers that are at least 10 years old and still going strong. I wear hippers more than anything and I couldn't be happier with Wadelite product. About the only issues I've had is with the gravel cuffs and some of the stitching on the elastic. Fortunately I have a sewing machine and did my own repairs with no problem. It isn't a problem that is unique to stitching on elastic so I don't really count it as a negative.

FWIW - The Wadelite line was discontinued just last year. If you do some hunting on-line you may be able to find some out there at steep discounts. I bought a back-up pair myself for at least 30% off last summer.

Hi DarrinG, I see you are in NC, are you out in the mountains? My wife and I own a home in Chapel Hill that we are retiring to eventually. If you are out in the west I'd love some suggestions on any books regarding fly patterns for the western part of the state. I have already built my girl and her Bf a pair of 3 wt tiger eye rods 6'6" 4 piece and now need to tie them some nymphs/midge patterns. I may tie up a few dry's as well.
    Dan

Dan,
    Yes. I live in the mountains of WNC. I can look at the highest mountain peak east of the Mississippi River from my backyard.

Here at a couple links to a few fantastic books that are local in nature:
    http://littleriveroutfitters.com/sto...cat=995&page=1

http://littleriveroutfitters.com/sto...cat=995&page=1

Hope this helps some, and when you get up this way, give me a shout.

Darrin
    Mark 1:17

+ Reply to Thread