Quote Originally Posted by fishdog54 View Post
JohnScott/ScottP,

Thank you both for the additional info. I now have a much better understanding of this situation. Do you think this could impact the "status" of places like Depuys/Armstrong and Nelson spring creeks? Are they diversions, natural side-channels or feeder streams with their own springs or are they sloughs like Mitchell?

Best regards, Dave S.
The question of public access to those three spring creeks did come up a couple years ago in another thread. The answer, as I recall, is pretty much in line with what Scott explained above - the emphasis was on the fact that those springs creek arise on and flow through private land and there is no access from a public road, bridge, or waterway.

I know that DePuys is a pay to play creek with a daily rod fee. I fished it for one day last April, having been gifted the opportunity by DePuys, FAOL, and BB member Ohiotuber ( thanks again, Mike ). I think that Armstrong and Nelson are also pay to play experiences.

The same can be said of numerous other spring creeks in Montana that arise and end on private property.

John