While out fishing today we were walking down river when we encountered some guy having a full-blown conversation while he was still casting (or trying to cast)???? Can't say that this is the first time I've seen this though, once before and only once. He was dressed to the T with all new $tuff in ankle deep water. We were at least 1/2 mile from the nearest car and deep in the canyon. But talking to your stock broker while trying to fish, come on.

It's a good idea to carry a phone with you in case of an emergency, but this was really ridiculous. Almost like he was putting on a show for us. It's illegal to talk and text on the phone while driving in Oregon, because it can lead to accidents. I'm glad he didn't slip or drop his phone in the river, because we were deep in the Deschutes Canyon and we probably would have had to use our phones for an emergency call.

In My Humble Opinion (IMHO) you probably shouldn't try to fish and talk on the cell phone at the same time, accidents can happen, usually when talking really loud. Plus, shouldn't you be enjoying the place, and time, and being out in nature while attempting to catch some nice Deschutes Gold??