+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: About Us --> Profession past present and other nosy stuff

Default Hey Marco ...

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Now interested in identifying NUT CASES obsessed with PRESIDENT TRUMP and possibly suggesting medication.

...I still would love to take a Dodge Hellcat for a 8500 RPM "stroll" down Route 66 in Nevada. Did that once in my 60 Chev 409 CI back a few. Cost me $77 in court costs but it did 133 MPH. I had to stop and wait for the police chasing me. Those were the days.............

Mark
    ... ran across a bunch of NUT CASES you might be interested in.

Go to YouTube and search "Lincoln Project Unprecedented."

John

P.S. Speaking of medication - Route 66 does not enter Nevada at any point. Perhaps some Prevagen is in order ??
    The fish are always right.

At risk of wasting ink.... and all along I thought we were through with this obsession of yours but............

Mark

As for me still much the same as when this thread was started:

Tradesrime Electrical speciality Pick and choose as/if I want

Full time Hobbies - wood work, fly fishing, casting , conversation - local stream ecology
    passing it on to anybody that will listen..

Gripes: None. Not one regret either

Homestead: Married with one boy. Enjoying every minute

Hair color: Silver, was not always that way lol. Same old

Relaxed and now a Full Time Trout Bum, Est. 2024

Age; 72
    Jobs; Army, built barns, freight receiver at a printing paper warehouse, bar tender, courier, management at a plasma center, retired.
    Hobbies; Fly fishing (fishing of all kinds), muzzleloading, archery, hunting, camping.
    Gripes; Plenty. Mostly caused by my decisions.
    Homestead; Married only once for 38 years so far.
    Hair Color; Mostly gone, use to be brown
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

Up date from last year, turn 85 next month. Prostate Cancer in remission and returned from my annual trip to Montana in July. Eight of the last nine years going to Hubbard's Yellowstone lodge. Sight fishing for the first time on a private lake what a blast.

I missed this thread, somehow.

Jobs: U.S. Navy, Vietnam era. Worked at the VA for a year or so, handling insurance policies. Then 37 years with the Defense Logistics Agency. Worked in Subsistence as an Inventory Manager for various food items world wide for 18 years including MREs for a year and 19 years as an account manager, managing contracts that supplied food for bases and ships in Guam, 2 years, and then Japan, Singapore, Diego Garcia and the Philippines for 17 years. Retired June 2017.
    Hobbies: Fly fishing (fishing of all kinds), hunting(mostly squirrels these days), fly tying, hiking/walking, building fishing rods for myself and friends.
    Gripes: I'm tired of living in interesting times.
    Homestead: Single. Live in the house my grandparents brought in 1912. House was built in 1876. No pets.
    Hair Color; Mostly gone what's left is a mix a gray, white and a bit of brown.

Jobs: U.S.M.C. Vietnam era. Attended University of New Hampshire. Worked for N.H. Fish and Game after college. Moved to Florida in 1973, to attend University of Miami for graduate school. Never attended U of M; bought a house and started a family. Worked in import/export tropical fish for a couple of years before landing a job with Delta Air Lines. Move to Atlanta, GA to have more career opportunites with Delta Air Lines. Started as an aircraft cleaner, retired 27years later (Dec 2004) as a Director in the Maintenance division. Great company to work for. Started my own Aviation Safety Consulting company in 2005 and still do a bit of consulting with my Gulsfstream Aerospace. Recently moved from the Atlanta area to Lakeland, Florida which is located half way between Orlando and Tampa. I am now semi-retired, living on a beautiful 100 lake loving the sunny days.
    Hobbies: Fly fishing (fishing of all kinds), fly tying, Woodworking, making custom ink pens, walking, reading about 60 books a year.
    Gripes: All the negativity in the world with people demanding stuff that they never worked for or earned.
    Homestead: Married 49 years (50 years in June, 2021) Three children all grown up and have their own families. Total of seven grandshildren
    Hair Color; Mostly gone what's left is a mix a gray, white.

I apparently missed this thread as I have wandered off and on this forum sporadically over the years. I'm 73 years young at this time.
    USMC from 1966-70 with a vacation to S. Viet Nam.
    Got a degree in physical therapy and spent 43 years doing same, with emphasis on orthopedics and spine rehab.
    Hobbies are primarily flyfishing and camping. Have accumulated an alarmingly large fly rod collection.
    Married 48 years with two daughters and six grandchildren.
    Gripes: Politics and willful stupidity.
    Hair: a little remaining, but any that tries to grow out gets sheared off, because I enjoy taking care of my hair about as much as I enjoy clipping my toenails.

Larry

Wow, no new "how's stuff" posts here in 21'. So here's an update.............wait for it .......... onaccounta my age and my wife's "TURN HERE" prompting from HER side of the car, yesterday I hit a curb with my 2020 BMW X4 , blew out the tire, bent the "expensive" rim and am now out about $2500 for parts and realignment labor. The ONLY "good" thing is that we're in Florida soakin up the sun while back home they're shoveling the white stuff ad infinitum .
    Although we're here, I'm still "at work". . Being a GC, I no longer ( but used to A LOT) carry 12',5/8 doubles from truck to installers and have calluses to prove it( ok, it may have been singles). I have 14 capable , currently employed and working non-stop ( no "regulations") getting paid and not hoping for a dole at the whim of those who haven't a clue.
    So far, looking back at previous posts, seems like all are doing well and happy in their lot. I'm looking forward to seeing more of that. Oh, and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Mark

I hit a curb with my 2020 BMW X4 , blew out the tire, bent the "expensive" rim and am now out about $2500 for parts and realignment labor.
    Hey Mark.

Still up to your old tricks , well at least you've upgraded from ditches to curbs...

Hey folks,
    I remember passing a fellow that overshot his parking spot in Jackson Wy many years ago and
    ended up up into a ditch,, Yep it was our brother member Mark...
    I can't exactly remember how I found out it was you Mark
    but, thanks for the memories and putting up the ribbings from me over these years all in good fun buddy !
    You really should retake drivers ed.. lol
    Relaxed and now a Full Time Trout Bum, Est. 2024

+ Reply to Thread