Recently my brother, who, like me, is an avid fly fisherman, joined the Army. While in the Army, he put the majority of his possessions in storage. Not wanting to expose his fly tying materials to bugs and the like while in storage, he gave all of his fly tying stuff to me - not to store it for him, but to make my own. (I'll give what I don't use back to him when he gets out, but for now I'm using what he gave me). Anyway... I finally got around to combining our materials and organizing everything. What struck me was how few things we had in common. I set aside a special box to store duplicates in (no sense in having two of everything). We had almost nothing in common! We each had about 10 bunches of marabou. The only colors we shared were black and white! We each had about 6 or 7 spools of floss. We only had two colors in common. Same for bucktail, deer hair, thread, you name it. Even among the less common materials, we still had very little in common. It surprised me how different our tying styles were. We were both basically self-taught, but I didn't expect us to have so little in common. How have you noticed that your tying style differs from that of your friends?