+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My youth

I will always be young at heart..... and act it!

Be safe & well!

Happy Hearts

Steve

ps: tuber sure has it nailed. Love ya brother
    Relaxed and now a Full Time Trout Bum, Est. 2024

I'm reminded of Pat McManus' story of being 16 and fishing with his buddy, taking all kinds of foolish chances, then going home to his "surprise" 50th birthday party. He said wait! I can't be a half century old. I was just 16 this morning.
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

If you want some of your youth back, start taking some young kids fishing. Works every time !!!

George

Old #art, I hear you, but my daughter has not done good job of catching me a son in law. I did volunteer help with some Webeloes scout at church Sunday.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Happy Birthday UNK, Most of the time we don't lose our youth and it's not stolen, we just seem to realize at a certain point in life that we have not spent it wisely. Hopefully we come to a realizaition of this at a time in our life that we can do something good and constructive about it. Sounds like you have got something started with volunteer work with the Scouts, Jesse, Keep it up. Wish you many more!

David

I was a Webelos den leader back about 30 years ago and a couple of years as an assistant den leader before that. 23 years Army National Guard, 2 grown kids, married 44 years, I must admit I know where my youth went. I am fighting getting old however. My dad enjoyed a good prank or joke until his body just did not let him have much fun anymore. I wish I could have remembered all of the jokes that he and his crew pulled on each other and reminded him of them the week I spent with him shortly before he died. His mind was still razor sharp although he had worn his body out.

I was tired of the subject line and thought I would put something up there slightly humorous and the other old farts here pretty much recognized an opportunity to throw a rock at the wasp nest.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Molcsan View Post
    I will always be young at heart..... and act it!

Be safe & well!

Happy Hearts

Steve

ps: tuber sure has it nailed. Love ya brother
    You and me Steve.
    I don't have to try to be youthful, although sometimes the little aches and pains of being 63 try to prevent that.
    No grandkids of my own but my siblings have a few and I totally enjoy acting the "ole fool" and playing with them.
    I must be doing something right, as they all run and hug my neck everytime I see them!

I don't feel my youth has been lost, only transformed, maybe for the better?
    As long as I have the love of my grand nephews and nieces, the health to still wade my home waters, the love of a wonderful wife,
    and a handful of good friends, I remain contented and youthful.
    When you can arrange your affairs to go fishing, forget all the signs, homilies, advice and folklore. JUST GO.

Very nicely stated bobbyg...

+ Reply to Thread