+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My youth

Hybrid View

Default My youth

As several of you noticed I had a birthday this weekend. I turned around and my youth seemed to be missing. I?m not sure what happened to it. I was really enjoying it, having a good time doing the thing that young people like to do. If you happen upon it I would really like it back, it is probably well worn and many a little tattered and torn in a few places but it was really a good one.

In the meantime I will try to replicate my youth as much as possible and try not to slip into the "Ole Fool" category. Your help in this effort will be appreciated.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

As long as you are a "good old boy", you will be just fine with me!

When someone makes a comment about how "old" you are, just reply with: "Age is a mind over matter thing and I don't mind because you don't matter!"

You are #1 in my book......
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

I'm now over 64, & the youth I experience now is what I can share with my 7 beloved Grandchildren. Believe me, it beats the hell outta my OWN youth! Teaching them my love & respect of God, family, friends, & the outdoors will keep me young until they "plant" me.
    I may be an old fool, certainly not financially well healed, but I sure am a happy old fool, & a very RICH one at that!
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

If I find your youth Uncle Jesse, I'm keepin' it. I lost mine somewhere and I can't find it.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

Maine, Now I've retired to North Carolina (just south of Fayetteville)

All you need to do is re-trace your steps. If you don't find it, you still have the memories

I put mine up on a shelf 68 years ago so I wouldn't loose it like you..... Guess what....Now I can't remember where the heck I put it. Guess I'll just do like MSD53X said, just retrace my steps and have some good memories.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YA!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ohiotuber View Post
    I'm now over 64, & the youth I experience now is what I can share with my 7 beloved Grandchildren. Believe me, it beats the hell outta my OWN youth! Teaching them my love & respect of God, family, friends, & the outdoors will keep me young until they "plant" me.
    I may be an old fool, certainly not financially well healed, but I sure am a happy old fool, & a very RICH one at that!
    Mike
    Mike,
    You're a man after my own 75 year old heart.

Dick

I will always be young at heart..... and act it!

Be safe & well!

Happy Hearts

Steve

ps: tuber sure has it nailed. Love ya brother
    Relaxed and now a Full Time Trout Bum, Est. 2024

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Molcsan View Post
    I will always be young at heart..... and act it!

Be safe & well!

Happy Hearts

Steve

ps: tuber sure has it nailed. Love ya brother
    You and me Steve.
    I don't have to try to be youthful, although sometimes the little aches and pains of being 63 try to prevent that.
    No grandkids of my own but my siblings have a few and I totally enjoy acting the "ole fool" and playing with them.
    I must be doing something right, as they all run and hug my neck everytime I see them!

I don't feel my youth has been lost, only transformed, maybe for the better?
    As long as I have the love of my grand nephews and nieces, the health to still wade my home waters, the love of a wonderful wife,
    and a handful of good friends, I remain contented and youthful.
    When you can arrange your affairs to go fishing, forget all the signs, homilies, advice and folklore. JUST GO.

I'm reminded of Pat McManus' story of being 16 and fishing with his buddy, taking all kinds of foolish chances, then going home to his "surprise" 50th birthday party. He said wait! I can't be a half century old. I was just 16 this morning.
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

+ Reply to Thread