+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Midwest Fly Fishing Magazine and The Great Waters Expo

Hybrid View

Default Midwest Fly Fishing Magazine and The Great Waters Expo

Seems like the expo is on, at least in MN. No mention of one being held in Chicago. And Midwest Fly Fishing Magazine is going to be starting up again.

http://www.greatwatersflyfishingexpo...expo/Home.html
    " If a man is truly blessed, he returns home from fishing to the best catch of his life." Christopher Armour

Gary Borger told me that he would be one of the presenters. " Baird Helgeson and his sister Carrie will continue the Great Waters Expo in Minneapolis on April 1-3, this year, at the Blaine, MN, National Sports Center. I will be there. Blast it around, please. GB "
    Regards,

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy

I've nothing but praise for them - Carrie, Baird (who is a journalist) and his wife Kathy (who is a photojournalist) for continuing the magazine and the Expo in Minneapolis, with a hand from friends. These are exceptional people who are rising above a very sad time in their lives to the benefit of the rest of us and the waters Tom loved.

I wouldn't miss it.

Kat

I'm really happy to see that they are going to bring the Magazine back. That was my favorite and the only one I had planned to renew my subscription to. It had the best articles and writers, Like Gary Borger, Dennis Potter, Ann Miller and of course Tom H. He'll be missed for sure, but I think the mag can live on. A real grassroots publication, without all the gloss but with a lot of quality and class.
    "There's more B.S. in fly fishing than there is in a Kansas feedlot." Lefty Kreh

"Catch and Release,...like Corrections Canada" ~ Rick Mercer

The continuation of th "Great Waters Fly Fishing Expo", and the "Midwest Fly Fishing", is a celebration of Tom Helgeson's amazing life story.

I attended the Memorial Service to honor Tom's life, and many family members, and friends of Tom's (not all are fly anglers), told how they came to know Tom, and how their lives and Tom's became messed with each others life.

A Great Honor, for a Great Man, who left a better world for those of us left behind at his departure from this life. ~Parnelli
    "Everyone you meet in life, give you happiness! Some by their arrival, others by their departure!" ~Parnelli

Unfortunately, it didn't happen here.

I hadn't been in awhile and was looking forward to going.

+ Reply to Thread