+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Warnings!

not so much snow, 5 to 8 inches. cold and windy, temps near or below 0, winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts to 45.
    "There's more B.S. in fly fishing than there is in a Kansas feedlot." Lefty Kreh
    I can't say about fly fishing but there's a lot of feed lots in Kansas.
    Wes' Pattern Book
    http://www.flypatternbook.net

Default NE Montana

0430 I am setting here in the house keeping on eye on things and am on call. Had 1 call to check on a guy earlier tonite, everything ok. Here is the current info at my location:

-33 below zero actual temps, wind chill at -53. Extreme cold, Limit Exposure.

Wayne
    "I Never Saw A Wild Thing Sorry For Itself, A Bird Will Fall Frozen Dead From A Bough, Without Ever Having Felt Sorry For Itself."

Well, they juast annouced all the schools in the area are closed.
    President Obama has postponed his visit to Penn State tomorrow due to the weather.
    And Wednesday is Groundhog day.
    Checked the generator, good to go.
    I always wonder why people panic and run out to get milk and bread.
    When they should really be worried about having toilet paper
    There are no atheist in a trout stream.

flyfishingfanatic i'v worked in retail for 20 years, you'd be surprised at what people run out and get when they think that they are gonna get snowed or iced in... Still fry's my brain as to what peoples minds tell them they need........
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

Quote Originally Posted by Grubb View Post
    flyfishingfanatic i'v worked in retail for 20 years, you'd be surprised at what people run out and get when they think that they are gonna get snowed or iced in... Still fry's my brain as to what peoples minds tell them they need........
    Isn't that the truth. I worked in retail for many years also
    and I never ceased to be amazed at what people would risk a car accident to come to the store to get.
    This isn't a century ago when you might be stranded for weeks.
    Usually in 2 or 3 days everything is all cleared away.
    Personally, I am gonna hunker down, tie some flies, nad bake some cookies.
    There are no atheist in a trout stream.

Quote Originally Posted by kbproctor View Post
    Anything I can do to help? I'm not that far away.
    Thanks for the offer, but I'll be fine. Filled up some flush buckets and turned the water off. I'll fix it when it's daylight.

Shakey ride over the mountain from Portage, PA, to Altoona. Traffic was crawling and the roads were covered with gritty-like sleet and then it began to rain. A few miles further it began to sleet once more. Got to work safely, but after midnight tonight into tomorrow supposed to be the worst period of weather. I'll see how tomorrow goes. I may have to sit home work on some rods and tie flies. All the schools are closed in many counties.

I'm getting low on sunscreen.

But this is the Desert! Not too bad yet, but suposed to hit 7 degrees tomorrow. Bundled the pipes up.
    Wind supposed to get bad with the cold - Brrr. No golf this week.

Blog Entries

one summer day we were driving out of Nashville, TN, on our way west, and the radio weatherman came on to say that the day would be mild, with sunny skies and temps in the low 80s.
    his sign-off?
    "So don't forget to rush out and get your milk, bread, and bathroom tissue!"

personally, we put cake mixes on the list, too.
    fly fishing and baseball share a totally deceptive simplicity; that's why they can both be lifelong pursuits.

+ Reply to Thread