+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Great Waters Fly Fishing Expo - Minneapolis

Hybrid View

Default Great Waters Fly Fishing Expo - Minneapolis

Great news! Tom Helgeson's Great Waters Fly Fishing Expo will continue this year on April 1, 2 and 3 at a wonderful new location -- The National Sports Center in Blaine, MN

As you may have heard, Great Waters founder Tom Helgeson died in November after a brief battle with cancer. His absence left a huge hole in the Midwest fly fishing community. Thanks to the help and encouragement of his countless friends, we are thrilled to announce that we are continuing Tom Helgeson's Great Waters Fly Fishing Expo in the Twin Cities.

See website - www.greatwatersflyfishingexpo.com - and keep an eye on the website for more details to come

DISCOUNT ADMISSION COUPON - see http://www.greatwatersflyfishingexpo...uncements.html
    Last edited by Lew Beccone; 03-11-2011 at 02:53 PM. Reason: add coupon info

This is great news! A chance to honor Tom and his work.. I already have my reservation!!

iaflyfisher

I am also very glad at the news, that Tom Helgeson's "Great Waters Fly Fishing Expo", will continue!

I am also very glad at the news, that Tom's "Midwest Fly Fishing" magazine, will continue to be published. "Midwest Fly Fishing" is an excellent non-gloss magazine (10?" x 15"), will continue to be mailed to my home four times each years. It is a great fly fishing magazine, even if you do not live in the Midwest region of the United States.

Tom Helgeson left a living legacy behind for all of us, not just in fly fishing, but in every other aspect of his life outside of fly fishing!

I attended the Memorial Service that honored Tom's life and his charitable work and deeds for others. I am glad I did, for I learned more about the life of this amazing person.

Many of his friends and family member, shared amazing stories, of their time spent with Tom, and how each of their lives became intermeshed (and some way was change for the better) with that of Tom Helgeson life.

What the world needs, is more people, who are, like Tom was. People who spend their whole life paying forward, building a better world, after departure from this life, for the rest of us that remain behind. ~Parnelli
    Last edited by Steven McGarthwaite; 02-03-2011 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Addition
    "Everyone you meet in life, give you happiness! Some by their arrival, others by their departure!" ~Parnelli

Just announced - Featured presenters at this year's expo will include Gary Borger & professional fly fishing photographer Brian O'keefe (Catch magazine)

News from the Expo's Writers Panel: There may be more, but these people for sure-

John Galligan will be there with his new book (The Wind Knot), as well as Dr Tom Waters with his new Rivers of Minnesota. My newest, Brook Trout Forest, should just be out in time, and Chris Niskanen will have Minnesota State Parks.

Plus, artist and illustrator Bob White and photographer Mike Dvorak (these guys are both doing a week this summer as artists in residence at the Bristol Bay Lodge in Alaska).

Poet Larry Gavin will be there with his wit and sage advice, and, of course, journalist Baird Helgeson, who, along with Kathy Moore Helgeson and Carrie Joy Smith, are making this happen for all of us and continuing their father's legacy

Kat
    Last edited by Kathy Scott; 02-18-2011 at 12:00 PM.

bump for info on discounted admission

+ Reply to Thread