+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Line Decals

Default Line Decals

Does anyone know where you can order those little stick-on decals showing flyline type and weight? I've seen them before but can't remember where. They have like "WF-5WT-F" etc and you can stick them on your flyreel to show what type and weight line is spooled on it.

Thanks
    Dave

They usually come with the line when you buy it. I tape a bit of paper with that information on the reel pouch when I don't have them.
    I can think of few acts more selfish than refusing a vaccination.

You can mark the line with a Sharpie that will help some. 3 dots for a 3 wt. 5 dots for a 5 wt. A long mark before the dots for wt. forward and after the dots for DT. Do this up close to the leader connection. You may find that as you change lines this method will keep you from losing track of what line is what.

I hear you...Jack's way is good but some times you want to know without stripping line...plus you might want to know the brand, etc.....If I have lost the one that came with the line I use duct tape and write on it used to put it on the spool inside the reel but because of a fairly recent tip here I now put it on the undersurface of the reelfoot...easier to access.

I use something similar to Jack's for the line because if the rig is strung you don't want to have to mess with the reel...You just don't know brand,etc.
    Last edited by ducksterman; 01-31-2011 at 03:17 AM.

Normand Guest

you can buy stickers at your local big box office supply store and write the size on them. the peel them off and stick them to your reel

+ Reply to Thread