Fly Fishing is best as a "Solitary Pastime, just you, your fly rod & fly line, casting the fly pattern onto the water's surface.

I am retired, so I can go fly fishing, any where there is open water during the week days, when a majority of the population is at work. Even in the cities there are rivers, streams, creeks, lakes and ponds that are deserted of humans.

I use to play golf, and I was good at playing the golf course, most golfer's do not play the golf course, they play each other, and there lays the "rub" that cause the "expletive adjectives" being uttered!

I played baseball, football, and hockey; when I was a boy and then as a young man, and back then if you uttered a "expletive adjective" and the news reached your parents, your backside would be glowing in the dark (you could not sit down for a few days), your mouth would have the taste of the bar of soap that you washed your mouth with!

Fly Fishing is to relax in the outdoors and to "Carpe Diem" (Seize the Day)...

Grandfather Henry Washington Albert (my mother's father) use to say, "If you have nothing nice to say, don't say it!" My grandfather left school in 1900 having just finished the 3rd grade and was put to work as a apprentice mason. Working on building St. Paul Central High School, that later in life his two daughters attended. He carried hods of mortar or bricks up the rickety ladders to the bricklayers on the outside of the four story tall high school. Later in life he had his own construction company, and was a 32nd degree Mason (Scottish Rites). The man never used vulgar language!

I have had my weak moments in life where I have used expletive adjectives, of which I am not proud of..... ~Parnelli