+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My gold ribbed hare's ear photos from from photo bucket

Hybrid View

Default My gold ribbed hare's ear photos from from photo bucket

I know it was not my camera, my fly shop lighting, nor my computers photo editing program for the "Pink Photos", that I sent to the Tying Board directly from my computer.... The photos below were first sent to Photo Bucket, and from Photo Bucket I sent them to this board of FAOL for viewing. Now everyone can enjoy viewing the "Gold Ribbed Hare's Ear - Dry Fly" photo's taken with my Sony Mavica Telephoto/Macro Camera, that I bought from James Birkholm in 2001.

When taking dressing a new fly pattern, or taking photos for a article, I always use a large sized hook for the fly pattern. In for dry flies I use a size 10 for learning the "Muscle Memory" required for the dressing the pattern, and for better photo images! Later on I, switch hook sizes, downward until I reach the recommended range for the fly pattern.

I used the "Du Bois - Fly Fisherman’s & Fly Tier’s Gauge" article in FOTW (which is missing in the archives. I have a copy of it on my computer, and it is on all the FAOL Fly Pattern CD's that I have mailed out.

If you do not have one of these CD's email me at parnelli@comcast.net and I will mail you one (they are free).

~Parnelli

FRONTGRHEDRYFLY.jpg

GOLD RIBBED HARE'S EAR - DRY FLY (SIDE VIEW)

TOPGRHEDRYFLY.jpg
    GOLD RIBBED HARE'S EAR -DRY FLY (TOP VIEW)

Hook: Dry, standard, size 14 - 16.
    Thread: Brown, 8/0.
    Tail: 3 Reddish/Brown Quills (small gauge hackle size at top of the cape), rooster cape.
    Ribbing: Gold tinsel, small.
    Body: Dark hare's ear dubbing.
    Wing: Starling wing (matched), Halford method (basket).
    Collar: 2 rooster hackles, one dark gray other dark grizzly.
    Last edited by Steven McGarthwaite; 01-30-2011 at 09:18 PM.
    "Everyone you meet in life, give you happiness! Some by their arrival, others by their departure!" ~Parnelli

Blog Entries

I like that fly!

Since you have them on Photobucket already, just copy and paste the IMG link to your posts. Then you don't have to upload to the board at all. Saves server space and bandwidth for LF.
    Last edited by kbproctor; 01-30-2011 at 09:17 PM.
    Kevin

Be careful how you live. You may be the only Bible some person ever reads.

Normand Guest

the fly below is an attachment taken from my hard drive. i dont understand why photos taken from your hard drive come out pink
    Attached Images Attached Images

i tried and then tried again and couldn't find any pink in that photo. BTW very nice tie and photo.

Jerry

Thank You for your posts, as for saving server space, then why would FAOL give us the options. I used Photo Bucket because of the "Pink Tint" problem to show that is was not my camera, fly shop lighing, computer or my photo editing computer program. My www server is Comcast so I have broadband service.

So the problem is not at my end! ~Parnelli
    "Everyone you meet in life, give you happiness! Some by their arrival, others by their departure!" ~Parnelli

For me these photos from photobucket are just fine ...the others from your computer were pink.

Bass_Bug Guest

If you're comparing the viewing of photos from two different sources, then post the the two photos from both sources in the same post and lets see what happens.

For this thumbnail I copied the link in photo bucket and pasted in the post.

Here is the same photo from my computer that I uploaded to photo bucket, only attached through the BB software.
    Attachment 7279

Note: Weird, in the preview before posting I saw 2 thumbnails. after posting I see the thumb from photo bucket and just a link that says "attachment", but when editing to post this note, I see both thumbs again.

Bottom line, I don't think what server the pic is on has anything to do with the color being displayed unless one of the servers is changing the file (unlikely).

By the way, as to why post from a photo server like photo bucket when you can upload attachments to the FAOL server? If the pics are already on another server (which many of us already do) there is no sense uploading again when we can just post a link. If you do not upload to anything else then that different.

Checking it again tonight I get the "Attachment error".
    Last edited by Bass_Bug; 02-01-2011 at 12:37 AM.

Cold Guest

If you're comparing the viewing of photos from two different sources, then post the the two photos from both sources in the same post and lets see what happens.
    Agreed.

There is no reason that the file (after the automatic in-camera processing and any adjustments you might make on your own) should have any alteration whatsoever in the image information encoded in the file. As long as you're snapping JPEGs and only ever saving as JPEGs, you'll lose a bit of information with each save, but not nearly enough to notice easily at most normal viewing resolutions, and even then, the (very slight) degradation is fairly generalized loss of quality, not a significant color shift.

Bass_Bug Guest

Tried inserting again through BB insert feature.
    Mortician_1.jpg

Steve,

As far as using server space is concerned, remember Himself talking about pics using up bandwidth and limiting pics? Trav and Deanna are being kind and gracious by having it available to users. Just because it's there, doesn't mean you have to use. That being said, if your convinced that FAOL turned your other pics pink, why would you use it when Photobucket balances the color so much better. I'm a Photobucket user myself, left over from the days of Himself.

REE
    Happiness is wading boots that never have a chance to dry out.

+ Reply to Thread