Hey Misty Fjords, careful with that "good looking guy in Ketchikan" description of yourself. It could be a two edged sword.....on the one hand......yes, you may be the ONLY good looking person in town and that includes a bunch of the gals too.( I know- I've been there at least a dozen times) And on the other hand, with a handsome mug you might not be able to blend in and be accepted as a "local" unless you grow a great big ole bushy face. LOL!! I hope you know I'm joshin with ya! Ketchikan has some of the nicest people I've met and I've enjoyed the cabbies with Sourdough quite a bit. The lodge we stay at is Kingfisher owned by Chuck Haydu and family. Almost got my wife convinced we are moving up there. She has agreed to get a cabin on the island to start out.

Ketchikan has got to be my favorite town in Alaska- except on Cruise ship days- right behind it are Craig and Klawock over on the island. I think I have over a dozen of Ray Troll's tee-shirts and he has signed a number of them for me when I visit the Gallery.

Six months to go and I'll be back up that way. Our favorite hill on POW. The lodge is at the base of Sunna Hae.

------------------
I fish, therefore I swam.

[This message has been edited by featherchucker (edited 05 April 2006).]