+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Yellow boa yarn

Hybrid View

Default Yellow boa yarn

Where can I find yellow boa yarn. I looked all over the web, and can't find it in yellow. TIA

I have not seen it for a few years. Seach for mei-mei also. They make a boa type yarn.

Rick

I've also never been able to find it for sale anywhere. I searched every brand I could find, including Mei Mei. Its LISTED, but never in stock anywhere. The closest I got was a "marigold" yellow...which is a bit darker than the brighter yellow that works so well for me (a HUGE thanks to RickZ on that!!). And from Ebay I bought a "cone" of a yellow boa yarn that turned out to have shorter fibers than the Mei Mei, and doesn't work as well for me.

If you're interested in doing some looking on your own, PM me your email address, and I can send you a PDF I made that includes all the brand names I've been able to locate. You never know when the right item might show up on Ebay or at some fabric/sewing/craft store.
    David Merical
    St. Louis, MO

Check the Dollar Stores. They sometimes sell a cheap boa made in China. I have lots of Bernat boa in various colours but no yellow so when I saw this skein of yellow in the dollar store I picked it up. This inexpensive stuff has twice the action of the"good stuff". In spite of the success Rick Z. has with his boa flies I seldom tie leeches with boa yarn. Before I got into Boa, Bernat used to sell a yarn called "Fur Out". This stuff has incredible action but is no longer manufactured. Because of my success with "Fur Out" I tend to use boa yarn as chenille or I'll wrap a "Water pushing" head with it on my big streamers.

God Bless,
    Don

Quote Originally Posted by speck View Post
    Check the Dollar Stores. They sometimes sell a cheap boa made in China. I have lots of Bernat boa in various colours but no yellow so when I saw this skein of yellow in the dollar store I picked it up. This inexpensive stuff has twice the action of the"good stuff". In spite of the success Rick Z. has with his boa flies I seldom tie leeches with boa yarn. Before I got into Boa, Bernat used to sell a yarn called "Fur Out". This stuff has incredible action but is no longer manufactured. Because of my success with "Fur Out" I tend to use boa yarn as chenille or I'll wrap a "Water pushing" head with it on my big streamers.

God Bless,
    Don

Hi Don. Do you have a link for that "Fur Out?"
    Bruce

Here's a skein for sale on ebay:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/YARN-BERNAT-FUR-...item2561151c56

Looks like all the Fur Out was recalled for being highly flammable...not an issue for us!
    David Merical
    St. Louis, MO

+ Reply to Thread