+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RV park?

Default RV park?

Some time back, there was a thread on camping/rving, and I think someone mentioned a park on the Yelowstone river that they liked. Do you recall it?

http://www.mtrv.com/RVPark.html this is one we have stayed at several times, enjoy.

I'll second Yellowstone's Edge - it is the best (or nearly so, if not the best) in the west.

Anybody every see that movie RV with Robin Williams and Jeff Daniels? For some reason that flashed in front of me when I looked the website. LOL!!!

Looks nice for an RV park though.
    "There's more B.S. in fly fishing than there is in a Kansas feedlot." Lefty Kreh

"Catch and Release,...like Corrections Canada" ~ Rick Mercer

Thanks, I thougt that had to be the one - looks pretty. Is there a lot of highway noise?

my only question is: Where are the trees? I can't stay somwhere without shade, and I think I am almost as tall as those trees...but they I don't RV, so my 2 cents are worthless.
    ‎"Trust, but verify" - Russian Proverb, as used by Ronald Reagan

Trees in Rv parks are as uncommon as big fish on my line - I think because park owners never allow for quite enough room and so the trees get clipped by inexperienced people driving big rigs, or else they clear them all in the beginning to make more room for parking. I've seen a few, and patronize them when possible.

There is a lot of traffic on the Hwy during the daytime in mid-summer, but it's rarely bothersome. Most of the time you don't even notice it - or at least I don't. (I stay there from mid-May to early October). The only exception is before and after Sturgis in July, when there are pleny of Harleys on the Hwy.

However, since much of the summer traffic is tourists, the majority are off the road by 6:00pm or so, and practically no one is on the road after dark and it's quiet as a mouse all night (maybe just a slurping sound or two from feeding browns in the river). Plus, there's more deer on the road than vehicles after dark - another reason not to drive at night.

Quote Originally Posted by herefishy View Post
    Trees in Rv parks are as uncommon as big fish on my line - I think because park owners never allow for quite enough room and so the trees get clipped by inexperienced people driving big rigs, or else they clear them all in the beginning to make more room for parking. I've seen a few, and patronize them when possible.
    Most of the sites have a tree, or two, which are/were larger than they might appear to be in the pictures, and while they are certainly not dense by any means, there is a bit of shade. Unfortunately, a number of the mountain ash trees in the park and elsewhere in that part of MT were hit by an unusually early freeze and thaw last spring which defoliated many of their leaves last summer, and we'll have to wait until this spring to see if they survivied.

As is the case all along the Yellowstone River in Paradise Valley, most of the trees - Cottonwoods and Westerm Red Cedars, among others, grow close to the river, and the RV park here is no exception. - That was fortunately the case several summers ago when an elderly guy staying in the RV park stepped on the gas in his car when he intended to step on the brake, and was saved from going straight into the river by a large cottonwood treem growing a few feet from the river's edge.

Thanks, sounds great.

+ Reply to Thread