Thread: This may "sting" a bit. Not FF

Threaded View

Default This may "sting" a bit. Not FF

This may sting a bit to remind some of us of the "resolutions" we made for the new year. What were your resolutions and how many of us have kept or are holding to them ?. Personally, I resolved to lose weight. I once was 6'1" but age has whittled me down an inch. January one I weighed 232 and just felt it was time , while there apparently is some left, to get back into some kinda shape. So far , so good. I now weigh 222.8 on the road to 200-. Not too bad and just enough loss for additional inspiration to keep it up. As my cars cannot pass up gas stations, I once could not pass up a pork roast or brat sammich. I now simply watch what I eat and CONSTANTLY exercise. Isometrics is my method with some/many "fake" sit-ups. These can be done even in church , simply "grimmace" and tense up abdominal muscles ( but at OUR age- be careful about that lest....................
    In any case, how's it goin for you ?

Mark
    PS: Even posting this has added to my resolve. What would y'all think of me if AFTER reading this you see me at a "rotund" 250 or so ? Kinda like when I quit smoking, I pinned a 3 X 5 card on my shirt with "I QUIT SMOKING ON FEB 6, 1979" and wore it for about a month. Needless to say, "conclusions" WERE drawn but it worked ( for me).

OH, and I almost forgot, GO BEARS!!!!! And NOW, after their ( Bears) loss, GO PACKERS !!
    Last edited by Marco; 01-23-2011 at 10:53 PM. Reason: Fanfare for BEARS and now for the Packers