+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This may "sting" a bit. Not FF

Default This may "sting" a bit. Not FF

This may sting a bit to remind some of us of the "resolutions" we made for the new year. What were your resolutions and how many of us have kept or are holding to them ?. Personally, I resolved to lose weight. I once was 6'1" but age has whittled me down an inch. January one I weighed 232 and just felt it was time , while there apparently is some left, to get back into some kinda shape. So far , so good. I now weigh 222.8 on the road to 200-. Not too bad and just enough loss for additional inspiration to keep it up. As my cars cannot pass up gas stations, I once could not pass up a pork roast or brat sammich. I now simply watch what I eat and CONSTANTLY exercise. Isometrics is my method with some/many "fake" sit-ups. These can be done even in church , simply "grimmace" and tense up abdominal muscles ( but at OUR age- be careful about that lest....................
    In any case, how's it goin for you ?

Mark
    PS: Even posting this has added to my resolve. What would y'all think of me if AFTER reading this you see me at a "rotund" 250 or so ? Kinda like when I quit smoking, I pinned a 3 X 5 card on my shirt with "I QUIT SMOKING ON FEB 6, 1979" and wore it for about a month. Needless to say, "conclusions" WERE drawn but it worked ( for me).

OH, and I almost forgot, GO BEARS!!!!! And NOW, after their ( Bears) loss, GO PACKERS !!
    Last edited by Marco; 01-23-2011 at 10:53 PM. Reason: Fanfare for BEARS and now for the Packers

Blog Entries

I have never broken a New Year's Resolution, nope, not one. But then I don't make them so I don't break them.

Larry ---sagefisher---

Marco, I just made the commitment to stick with the weight loss program I am on. Started in October @ 256 need to get to 145 to be considered in the normal range (I am only 5' 4"). Dec31 I was at 228 a loss of 28 pounds for 2010. I am now at 223 five more pounds since the first. I am using a Calorie Counting web site (FatSecret.com) to track my calories. With some web searching I found that to maintain a weight of 145 at my height and age requires 1718 calories, I was at 2600+, I am now averaging 1500 and losing just a bit over a pound a week. And I don't go hungry! I am a firm believer that when your hungry you need to eat, it's just that when I want to eat due to stress or anxiety I am reminded I have to count those calories and that I am not hungry!

Someone to hold you accountable helps. I always swore I would never follow any of these stupid fad diets, but If I found something that worked I would stick to it. This works and my buddies keep reminding me of what I said.

I also watch my son - he has lost 97 lbs so far by simply counting his calories. With the web site it is made very easy and can be done at any time using an app on your smart phone.
    Let No One Walk Alone
    <*)))))><{----------}><((((*>

I didn't make it a resolution, but I'm down 8 pounds from last week. Nope, I'm not sick either.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

I don't make resolutions, never have. When I realise I need to change something about my self(which is pretty often) I start right away.
    I never tell anyone what I am working on fixing either. If or when I backslide I don't need more than myself beating up on me to get back to
    correcting the problem.
    I know losing weight is one of the hardest things to do, I admire anyone who can attack that problem and keep at it.
    Good luck,
    Chris
    There are no atheist in a trout stream.

Lotech/Joe,
    Losing a few pounds considering your job situation stress is totally understandable. BUT, don't overlook other possibilities. Rapid unintended weight loss in NOT normal and should be checked out by your doctor.

Mark

It's intentional. I cut my caloric intake by cutting my portion sizes down, and I'm exercising. It's all on purpose, just not a resolution. Thanks for the heads-up on rapid weight loss. However, at my size, 8 pounds in a week isn't rapid.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

Worked for me so far (mine is stay alive)
    TomS

AND as an update AND as/for personal fortification, today, I weighed in at 219.0000. ( down from 232 about one month ago) BUT, i did sneak a peek at Spinner's Pork recipe and may have gained a pound just by LOOKING.
    Anyone else "keeping" their resolutions ?

Mark

Work has not allowed time for the exercise but I am still steady at losing about a lb a week. Down to 221 now.
    Let No One Walk Alone
    <*)))))><{----------}><((((*>

+ Reply to Thread