I am in the process of buying a Scott G2.

My question is what people think of the 8'8" vs. the 9' length and what wt.

I have been fishing a 9' 4wt that is borrowed for a while now and it is the perfect length and weight for a majority of what I am fishing. That is the San Juan, The Rio Chama etc...

We are plagued with wind around here so it is not out of the ordinary to be fishing in the wind. It is just something we have to deal with in our area. So the rod I have been borrowing is a Sage Flight 9' 4wt. It seems to work pretty good but there are a few things I just don't like, otherwise I would be looking at that rod to purchase.

I really like the feel of the G2 and the looks are perfect for me. It seems to be a match made in heaven yet there are still some uncertainties on my part.

With the build of the G2 I am thinking I should go for the 5 wt to be closer to a medium/fast 4wt . I think the G2 is a truly medium flex and with the soft tip going 5wt seems like it is almost the same as that Sage Flight 4wt.

And then of course I have heard that the 8'8" length is really more of a workhorse in the G2 series...