+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lamson Konic 2.0

Hybrid View

Default Lamson Konic 2.0

Does anyone have any experience with the Lamson Konic Series Reels? Looking at getting one for the missus.

Wayne
    "I Never Saw A Wild Thing Sorry For Itself, A Bird Will Fall Frozen Dead From A Bough, Without Ever Having Felt Sorry For Itself."

Love all my Lamsons. Good solid durable reels. My wife has a Konic on her TFO and loves it. Great reel, great price, no complaints.
    If it swims and eats, it'll eat a fly.

I have a Konic 3.5 on my 8wt salmon/steelhead rod. The reel and smooth drag has performed wonderfully through many a "screaming run" of these fish. The Konic has taken the abuse with ease. My son has a Konic on his 4 wt and one for his 6wt. and loves them both. I know there are many fine reels out there but for the money you can not go wrong with a Lamson. Last year I lent out my Lamson Velosity to a new fly fisher and he brought it back broken. He was trying to remove the spool and somehow messed up the drag. I sent the reel in to Lamson to get fixed with the required 25$ fee and they fixed it within a week and sent my check back. I am definately a Lamson fan!!!
    caribe

I have a Konic on my 5 wt and it works really well. Would definitely recommend it.
    I spend a little time on the mountain, I spend a little time on the hill...

Could not agree more have a 1.5 and a 4.0 both great bang for the buck, no worry internal drag with an o ring seal should add years to the life I am hoping

i do not own a konic but do own several velocity, radius and LP reels. they are great reels and are a great value. my cousin has a konic and fished it some, it has the same feel and features as my other reels and would not hesitate to add one to my collection. and their customer service is the best. they have not forgotten what customer service is all about. just a little story, i bought a spool for one of my velocity reels, lamson upgraded the design this past year and changed the dimensions of the spool, i did not know this and bought the new design. i wrote to lamson and they agreed to swap the spools. i did not expect that.

+ Reply to Thread