Before providing my thoughts on this, understand that I do not fish dry flies and only fish streamers and other sub-surface flies and enjoy a fast sinking furled leader.

For those who feel a furled leader made from thread sinks/pulls their dry fly down, what length/size tippet are you using? The dry fly is not attached to the furled leader but to your tippet. With this thought in mind, a thread furled leader that is floating just under the surface should not affect your dry fly unless your tippet is too short.

I am just trying to determine why some dry fly fishermen/women are not having any problems with using a thread furled leader and some are having problems. Just maybe the problem is not in the furled leader being used, but, in the size and length of tippet being used.

Just thinking out loud and trying to provide some input to solving this issue which may turn out to not being a problem with the furled leader but with length and size of tippet being used. I guess I just enjoy reading between the lines and thinking out side the box to come up with a solution.