+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Problem with Tenkara company....

Hybrid View

Default Problem with Tenkara company....

Just looking for some help here and I do not have a problem with the Tenkara company but I had a friend call me and said that their local fly shop had decided to become a Tenkara Dealer and he notified the company to find out what all would be required to become one and the reply back from Tenkara stated that they were not taking on any dealers at this time. I believe my friend stated that they tried to contact them by phone and that was not working either. The owner of the fly shop really is interested in becoming a dealer and contacted me and asked if I had any information on Tenkara. I told them I would make a post here and see what I could find out for them.

Any help would be appreciated....

Thanks in advance,
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

I don't know what Tenkara USA's policy is on new dealers, but I sent the owner an email with a link to this thread.
    Tenkara Bum

CM Stewart,

Thank you very much for responding and for the help you provided. If you should hear back from them with anymore information, I would appreciate it if you would let me know.

Thanks, again.....
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

I am sure Daniel of Tenkara USA would not mind if I repeated his reply here.

Hey Chris,

I just saw that a couple of hours ago. I thought I was registered on the site, but couldn?t log in or request a new password so I gave up.

Indeed I have generally slowed down our expansion of tenkara dealers, but expect to start opening up slowly and accepting new dealers soon. Do you think you could ask who the dealer was and explain that we?re taking it slowly to make sure we can support new dealers well?

Thanks a bunch,

Daniel
    Tenkara USA

Now that we have a dedicated tenkara forum I will also urge that he contact admin and get his login problem solved. In this case it was just as easy for me to relay his reply, but going forward he should be here.

Just checked the phone number listed on their website http://www.tenkarausa.com/aboutusa.php and it is working now (leave message for call back), although 99% of my contact with Daniel is via email (address on same page of website).

I hope your friend's fly shop will try again to establish contact and will become a dealer as soon as Tenkara USA again begins accepting new dealers. There is a lot of value to being able to handle the rods before choosing which to get.

Hope this helps everyone concerned.

Best regards,
    Chris
    Tenkara Bum

Chris,

Thanks so much. I have copied my original post, your reply and now Daniel's reply and sent them by e-mail to the fly shop and feel they will be contacting Daniel to make sure he has their contact information for the future. I really do appreciate your help with this. It means a lot....
    Warren

Normand Guest

arent there other tenkara rod dealers out there?? i dont think tenkara usa is the only player in the market

have you tried this one??

http://www.tenkarabum.com/tenkara-rods.html

+ Reply to Thread